Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
201 - 220 of 302 Posts
Discussion starter · #204 ·
Metros- Good for you! Great to hear that your problem was solved without a huge expense. Although that is certainly not the part that I had replaced.

I'd be surprised if MB has managed to re-engineer the part so extensively. After all, they are making good money selling their defective part and I'm sure the dealership aren't losing money on it either.

Metros- Good for you! Great to hear that your problem was solved without a huge expense. Although that is certainly not the part that I had replaced.

I'd be surprised if MB has managed to re-engineer the part so extensively. After all, they are making good money selling their defective part and I'm sure the dealership aren't losing money on it either.
Thank you and agreed, I just hope this cheap "fix" holds up if only for a while. We'll see!
Shame on MB no doubt, this oil purge issue should have been a recall or a TSB at the least.

Did you have to remove the engine mount?
Negative, only the ECU and its bracket to clear the path to the vent valve. I had to cut the old hose going to the oil seperator at the vent valve. Then I mounted the hose going to the oil seperator from the replacement vent valve on top of the old hose that I cut. I did not reuse the old hose going to the crankcase and replaced it completely since it was much easier to reach. Hope this makes sense. So far no CEL and no oil leaks. Knock on wood!

WORTH A TRY!

I've just recently replaced just the purge valve itself aka "bleed line" (sans the intake tubing and oil separator) and so far the Check engine light hasn't come back. My cost was $75, self-installed. The original valve was full of oil and leaky
View attachment 19742

Part number: 2740187301
Hi what was the error code before you change that valve? P052E ?

How did you remove this pipe?
I can not see where it is going at the other end.
But this end seems glued or pressed. How did you remove this ?

Edit : I just saw that what you have . so replacement part that you bought comes with a small rubber hose with clamp on it. I got it now.
Actually i will try to relocate this valve by using little bit longer vacuum hoses. Next time i dont want to remove everything.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Finger Automotive tire Gas Wood Plumbing

Discussion starter · #217 · (Edited)
View attachment 20219
That's hilarious about the "sensitive content." Maybe its bad for kids under 18 to see a dirty finger- it implies that they might have to put down their electronic devices and suffer with separation anxiety.

Reactions: pounce

Edit : I just saw that what you have . so replacement part that you bought comes with a small rubber hose with clamp on it. I got it now.
Actually i will try to relocate this valve by using little bit longer vacuum hoses. Next time i dont want to remove everything.
View attachment 20219
Yeah, that little hose is glued/bonded to the valve. Basically, I just cut the old hose at that point on the valve, then I reused that section of the old hose by connecting the new hose (with new valve) to it.
That way you you don't have to pull the oil separator (the little hose is bonded to it) that sits below. The oil seperator is inaccessible without removing the engine mount and a bunch of other things. For that reason I left the oil separator alone.

201 - 220 of 302 Posts