Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im only looking to bring back the lift kit not the whole van ��. I asked about getting the vat tax back but they said they don't offer that option.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also, terracamper USA said they would not be working on an official lift, they were waiting for Mercedes authorization but it was denied.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am considering buying the kit without the shocks. Do you think I could find equivalent shocks in the us? Did the kit come with instructions? Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Okay world travelers, is it possible to buy the kit( in Spain) and bring it back on the plane as checked luggage? I'll be in Barcelona in November. Or is that a fan or worms, and the shipping won't be that much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks really good. Same spacers as the others on this post or did you find something new for the Metris?
I did the spaccer.com lift from Germany. It took about 2 weeks to get here. I went with 36 mm (three spaccers) and 1 set rubber grommets, Total lift approx 2". Tires added another inch. Rides really nice.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wait till the dealer sees that. lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wanted to add that I took the Metris to four different alignment places that all said they could do the alignment. I gave them the vin number and the vehicle showed in their data base but when they got in on the machine they had no factory specifications and none available on line. Apparently Mercedes will not release their spec information to the public. I took it to Mercedes dealer and they performed the alignment for the outrageous price of $269.00. When I requested a copy of the read out from the alignment machine they would not release it. I took it to the next level with the dealer manager but he has not gotten back to me. Can anyone shed any light on this? This is my first Mercedes and I wasn't aware of all this "STEALTH" technology Mercedes keeps on their vehicles.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
It isn't really stealth technology, as it is old hat. Once MB adopts a technology, it becomes the standard for their fleet. Every model introduced since this unit came out has been equipped with this tech. For MB to drop a technology, it means either something superior replaced it, or (as with sensotronic braking) they ****** up. So they don't talk about it because... well, it's a Mercedes, of course it has it.

They also don't advertise this in particular because too many would misunderstand it. It is not a self driving technology, it is an anti-fatigue system, designed to save drivers from the fatigue caused by countless minor course corrections the car now does for you. My hands off the wheel suggestion was just for you to discover just how straight it tracks and that the system I am referring to exists.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It isn't really stealth technology, as it is old hat. Once MB adopts a technology, it becomes the standard for their fleet. Every model introduced since this unit came out has been equipped with this tech. For MB to drop a technology, it means either something superior replaced it, or (as with sensotronic braking) they ****** up. So they don't talk about it because... well, it's a Mercedes, of course it has it.

They also don't advertise this in particular because too many would misunderstand it. It is not a self driving technology, it is an anti-fatigue system, designed to save drivers from the fatigue caused by countless minor course corrections the car now does for you. My hands off the wheel suggestion was just for you to discover just how straight it tracks and that the system I am referring to exists.
I think Greenmanedlion is referring to this post from the "tires- PREMATURE WEAR -outer edge" thread.

Rotate every 4K ain’t in the factory requirements booklet.

The MB Electromechanical steering system is actually very complicated. Take your car to a straight away, empty of traffic, accelerate to 50, and remove your hands from the wheel. You will notice that the car tracks completely straight, adhering to the road crown, and even sometimes following that crown around slight curves.

This is partially the suspension, and partially the steering system actively tracking the road and keeping the car straight. It is actually making tiny corrections to follow a straight line. I wouldn’t trust this fully, because all it is doing is responding to passive stimuli like the road crown and light side winds, and it shuts off after a time of not detecting pressure on wheel (I.e. you holding it), but when you align the suspension, that system needs calibration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also planning to lift the metris. Wanting to mount the Yokohama Geolandar AT G015 in 225/65/17.

Debating between Spacer (3x) and the full Terranger kit. Can you help me understand the trade offs? Thanks!

Below are specs translated from Terranger’s website:

Riser kit suitable for all Mercedes Vito 447 2 WD (only rear-wheel drive), from MY 2015
The set includes:
- 2x "spacer bushings" for the front axle struts, made of high-strength aluminum, surface anodized
- 2x "Spacer sleeve spring plate" for the front axle Suspension struts, made of stainless steel
- 2x "spacers-HA-spring" for the rear axle coil springs, made of impact-resistant plastic
- 2x "coupling rods" for the stabilizer linkage of the front axle
- 2x "high-performance shock absorbers" for the rear axle, surface powder-coated
- 1x Set of mounting parts incl. Holder fd Bowden cables of parking brake, made of stainless steel.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts