Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also wanting to lift my Metris ~2" and I would love to hear any reports/comparison on the Terranger vs Spaccer (and Hartmann) lift packages. Seems like Terranger is the most complicated / expensive. Maybe Spaccer is the way to go... What about installation?

Also planning to lift the metris. Wanting to mount the Yokohama Geolandar AT G015 in 225/65/17.

Debating between Spacer (3x) and the full Terranger kit. Can you help me understand the trade offs? Thanks!

Below are specs translated from Terranger’s website:

Riser kit suitable for all Mercedes Vito 447 2 WD (only rear-wheel drive), from MY 2015
The set includes:
- 2x "spacer bushings" for the front axle struts, made of high-strength aluminum, surface anodized
- 2x "Spacer sleeve spring plate" for the front axle Suspension struts, made of stainless steel
- 2x "spacers-HA-spring" for the rear axle coil springs, made of impact-resistant plastic
- 2x "coupling rods" for the stabilizer linkage of the front axle
- 2x "high-performance shock absorbers" for the rear axle, surface powder-coated
- 1x Set of mounting parts incl. Holder fd Bowden cables of parking brake, made of stainless steel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered the spaccer kit. It should arrive soon. I will post a report/review when I get it done. Im hoping for 2” in front and 1” in the rear...

·
Registered
939 Posts
So, POOF, Warranty is gone??? Is it specifically the voiding OR the invalidating that you are concerned with?

I installed a lowering kit on mine and that actually lengthened the warranty. (Yeah, I'm no help, but I hear this **** on every forum I'm in)

·
Registered
26 Posts
missed any reply to this

Looks great. Did you adjust the control unit?
I have (I think) the same question. If you modify the suspension, how significant is the impact on the Electronic Stability Control? I am familiar with PID tuning from flying drones and I'd be a little worried about some crazy feedback loop after a nice sidewind gust.

How are you guys who are changing the suspension addressing this? Permanently disabling the ESC? OR Is there a solution through the dealer for retuning it after a modification?

·
Registered
23 Posts
very little difference in fuel mileage
Metroplex Metris - I am considering lifting my Metris the same way as you did. Are you still happy with how the van handles and with fuel mileage. How are the BF Goodrich AT tires, 225/65/R17, working out?
I would greatly appreciate any info or insight you can offer. Thanks. DashBaas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any updates? Looks like peace vans in seattle has a lift available. I'm in the southwest and have never seen a lifted metris or a peace vans build. Unknown if it is the same or different than the mentioned terranger. peacevansmodern dot com.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am also wanting to lift my Metris ~2" and I would love to hear any reports/comparison on the Terranger vs Spaccer (and Hartmann) lift packages. Seems like Terranger is the most complicated / expensive. Maybe Spaccer is the way to go... What about installation?
Yeah, what is the deal with the extra parts in the Terranger kit? I've been contemplating jumping in for a while, but after a fully-loaded road trip on some rough roads, I think I need a lift kit and HD rear shocks. Looks like longer sway bar links are included for a reason, so what happens with the simpler Spaccer kit without those? Also, why different shocks? Are they longer travel or heavier duty?

·
Registered
13 Posts
just put a 225/65/17 BFG All Terrain on a factory wheel, possibly a bit to tall, def doesn't fit in the stock spare tire slot underneath. Going to try a 235/60/17 Cooper AT (slightly less aggressive side transition) tonight.
Hello - what tire set dd you end up with and what was your experience with them - steering, handling, road feel, mpg? Would you buy them again? Looking to do the same. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts