Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm very close to buy a metris since my old vw european is getting old i would like to know if there is a chance to do it. I know there was a few threds about this but never to much details. so my question to you who already own metris is. Does the metris have torsion bars in the front that can be used to adjust the height? if it does then maybe simple spacers like these that are made for vw eurovan can be used in the back and we could get 1/12 lift this way. Here is the whole thread about this over Cavevan.com so you can check it out here http://www.cavevan.com/forum/index.php?topic=237.0

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,
I bought a Metris cargo a few weeks ago and I am researching lift kits as well. There is a German company that sells one Terranger.de and someone on this forum bought one. Look up lift and suspension. Let me know what you find out. Thanks.
Eric

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,
I bought a Metris cargo a few weeks ago and I am researching lift kits as well. There is a German company that sells one Terranger.de and someone on this forum bought one. Look up lift and suspension. Let me know what you find out. Thanks.
Eric
i know i saw that thread but unfortunately he did't post any after installations comments so hard to tell if it's good or not especially since its not cheap. I'm sure we going to see more lift kits available as the time goes but I'm surprised that there is no more stuff even in europe but i guess its because over there vw t5/t6 is probably more popular so all the goodies are made for that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pic of my tires

Sorry I've been away, here is a pic of my Cooper discoverer AT tires. I'm still looking for a lift to be able to fit even bigger ones such as 245/70 R17 like the ones they used in the rally des gazelles.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
just put a 225/65/17 BFG All Terrain on a factory wheel, possibly a bit to tall, def doesn't fit in the stock spare tire slot underneath. Going to try a 235/60/17 Cooper AT (slightly less aggressive side transition) tonight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome, we just received some spacer's front spaccer, going to install 1-12mm spacer at each corner and see how it turns out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice work - did you order the Spaccer's direct from them (their site is a bit difficult) and who did the install. If I do this, I would love to have someone who has already done it before....looks good!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts