Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks great. Thanks for posting pictures. What's you guess on increased vehicle height and how much more ground clearance? An inch or two, or more? Did you order from the manufacturer, how long did it take to get it, and what was the price with shipping? Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
I gained approximately 3" with lift and tires. I ordered direct from TERRANGER via Email that way I could translate from German to English, The way it works is you transfer money directly to their account (I used transferwise.com the fee was about $12) then it took about 4-5 weeks to get the shipment (you in the blind because the shipper has no tracking system in the US unless you want to pay about triple the amount for shipping UPS) In total the kit direct from Germany including shipping import and tax cost about $2K. The quality of the system is awesome and I was super impressed for a basic "mid size van" lift. My only concern is if one of the rear shocks blows out finding a comparable replacement in the US.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ride is just like factory. Fully loaded down with 8 people the rear drops a bit but not much with the new firmer shocks. I've towed a 13' Boston Whaler around with no sag in the rear at all.

·
Registered
159 Posts
We've got an older 15' dauntless, so I'm glad to hear not too much sagging while loaded and towing. What part of the states are you located?

·
Registered
159 Posts
We are driving from Seattle to Yosemite starting Friday night... family Summer vacation. If your on the west coast, I'd love to see the kit installed. Thanks, Merle

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ekramers, Good luck. I'm very interested in how this will go. I'll be in Barcelona for a week this winter. I can't imagine that the hassle of ordering, shipping it to Spain and then trying to bring it into the states would be worth saving a few dollars. I hope it goes well. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
For the cars they offer European delivery as an option. An ex-g/f of mine did that with an e-class. Mercedes takes care of all the hassle. It's a great deal because you save on rental and other things. But they don't offer it on the vans, sadly.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts