Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
It took a long time to find wheels with the correct bolt pattern and offset that were actually LT rated. My local shop finally found the Mandrus Atlas and they look great. Tires are LT225/65R17/D 107 S and were a tight squeeze don't rub at all. Went with a 30mm lift from Spaccer which is 2 sets of spacers with the rubber profile. A local MB service shop did the install and said the rear was very easy but the front took mush longer because they had to remove part of the firewall to get to the strut bolts.
Do you have a link for the spaccer kit you purchased. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
tires

tires you are using here, this looks amazing. also is the pic lifted yet? it looks great. are they noisy

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to 18s and 235/55. It added about 1.5 inch diameter and .75 inch width. With the 55 offset wheels sit maybe one half inch wider on each side.

I had the snip about half an inch of plastic off the front of front wheel wells. Rubbed this piece when turning. Now great. I do think I want a little lift and was considering 12mm rings and 3mm rubber rings from SPACCER

I too need better german

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
So my speedo and odo are off by a bit after I upsized wheels. Anyway to fix that? Called all over and to dealer but all so no can fix - Im'm ok with them being off but maybe would fix if easy...

·
Registered
939 Posts
"Brake Hold" ? Are you referring to Hill Start Assist ?
No, i'm referring to Brake Hold. Come to stop, then press brake pedal a little harder and it holds the brakes. Hill start assist is hill start assist.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It would be incredibly easy. So would correcting our DST error in the audio. So would adding brake hold.
Oh well.
Or, making the fuel economy calculation show 22mpg rather than 26mpg.

Or, having the fuel guage show 1/4 when the tank is one quarter full rathercthan showing 1/2.

Or, training some guy in South Carolina to use a torque wrench.

Or, making the Bluetooth boost actually boost the volume of Bluetooth to be comparbke to radio or SD card.

Or, paying attention to spins of the volume knob after switching audio source from BT to SD card whike the display is showing 'reading media' or whatever. Instead, I get my ears blasted, and then it notices my furious counter clockwise spinning of the volume knob.

Or, being able to see the backup camera at any time, just like in the Sprinter with the exact same audio 15 unit.

Apparently it is difficult, so far impossible, for Mercedes to figure out why the software in my van's fuel computer freaks out and stalls the engine 30 seconds after startup every few weeks, followed by the check engine light.

Apparently, it's difficult for Mercedes to write robust electric power assist software, too, as mine dropped offline twice this week while returning from Zion National Park. I have to pull over, carefully, and stop/start the engine to reboot that controller. So far both failures occurred at highway speeds in a straight line, but if it dies mid turn, especially around town, I'm not sure I could keep it in my lane while I wrestle with the wheel, so it's in the garage waiting a service appointment time.

Where's the control alt delete button? At least the folks writing the firmware for the radio knew their software was bad, so that when spinning the volume control knob stops working and does nothing to the volume level, you can push and hold the power button for 20 seconds, and the radio reboots.

So, yeah, to the guy above that Robb is replying too, apparently it's not as easy as you think.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Or, making the fuel economy calculation show 22mpg rather than 26mpg.

Or, having the fuel guage show 1/4 when the tank is one quarter full rathercthan showing 1/2.

Or, training some guy in South Carolina to use a torque wrench.
Or making the clock as accurate as the stick-on two in a pack ones from the dollar store.

Your reply made me laugh, but I do feel your pain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It took a long time to find wheels with the correct bolt pattern and offset that were actually LT rated. My local shop finally found the Mandrus Atlas and they look great. Tires are LT225/65R17/D 107 S and were a tight squeeze don't rub at all. Went with a 30mm lift from Spaccer which is 2 sets of spacers with the rubber profile. A local MB service shop did the install and said the rear was very easy but the front took mush longer because they had to remove part of the firewall to get to the strut bolts.
Love your setup. What brand and model of tire are you using? If you don't mind me asking. I cannot tell from zooming on your photos.

I'm in the midst of having my Metris cargo converted into a camper and am going to add the Madrus Atlas and a 30mm lift to it as well. Now just trying to decide on tires. Something that will look awesome, but also be as functional on the road as they are on the dirt.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey this looks awesome!! I also got a black one 2017 Passenger 225 65 R17 and cant wait to do something similar.
Question, did you try mounting those 225 65 R17 in the original wheels? Would they fit / rubb? Thinking of changing the tires but no the wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
New set up

Went from stock 225/55 R17 = 225/65 R17 no rubbing or issues after a slight trim off lower plastic wheel well lip. Looking forward to installing a 2" lift.
I just noticed the stealth MB logo in the second picture. I plan to do this to my 2020 Metris cargo when it arrives. How did you (or anyone else) do it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey this looks awesome!! I also got a black one 2017 Passenger 225 65 R17 and cant wait to do something similar.
Question, did you try mounting those 225 65 R17 in the original wheels? Would they fit / rubb? Thinking of changing the tires but no the wheels.
I did 225/65/17 BFG KO2s on my stick spoke wheels and think they came out awesome. No rubbing at all!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts