Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
It took a long time to find wheels with the correct bolt pattern and offset that were actually LT rated. My local shop finally found the Mandrus Atlas and they look great. Tires are LT225/65R17/D 107 S and were a tight squeeze don't rub at all. Went with a 30mm lift from Spaccer which is 2 sets of spacers with the rubber profile. A local MB service shop did the install and said the rear was very easy but the front took mush longer because they had to remove part of the firewall to get to the strut bolts.
Can I please get some more info from you own your tire and wheel package. Looks awesome

·
Registered
43 Posts
This looks great! I just finished up converting my cargo van. I’m going with the same Falkens! Did you end up installing a lift or swapping out the coil springs?
I also just purchased my Metris Passenger van and plan to put Falken Wildpeak Trail 225/65r17's on the Stock 17" x 6.5" steel rims with a 2" Spring Lift from DIY Adventure Co. I'm also wondering how Patrick likes the Falken's??

·
Registered
3 Posts
It took a long time to find wheels with the correct bolt pattern and offset that were actually LT rated. My local shop finally found the Mandrus Atlas and they look great. Tires are LT225/65R17/D 107 S and were a tight squeeze don't rub at all. Went with a 30mm lift from Spaccer which is 2 sets of spacers with the rubber profile. A local MB service shop did the install and said the rear was very easy but the front took mush longer because they had to remove part of the firewall to get to the strut bolts.
@Markpbs

Any chance you remember the lug bolt & spacer ring (if any) specification? Just bought some of these wheels, scouting for rubber and will mount pretty soon!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Just installed Falken Wildpeak A/T 235-55/17. Changed from 245-45/18. Had a 1.5” lift installed. Much nicer, far more capable.
Which wheels are those? Also, to my great surprise, that lower panel side rub strip along the driver side slider and fuel door looks amazingly good. Usually those pieces tend to clutter things -- nice!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts