Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,
I would love to get a thread going with photos and info on which aftermarket wheels everyone is running.

Post a photo, tell us which wheels and tires you are running (be specific about sizes and include links if possible)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Please do keep up posted on how the purchasing, shipping, and install goes. The lack of ground clearance is my biggest issue with the Metris. Sportsmobile has no plans on doing a lift/ suspension kit. There is another West Coast company that is working with MB to try and get a USA certified suspension package figured out. But they have no time frame. So who knows if it will happen. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Went from stock 225/55 R17 = 225/65 R17 no rubbing or issues after a slight trim off lower plastic wheel well lip. Looking forward to installing a 2" lift.
Can you please help with the wheel and tire specs? We just bought 2 passenger vans for work, tried a 225/65/17 BFG All Terrain and it looks a little tall, doesn't fit where the full size spare sits(rests on sway bar). We are going to try 235/60/17 Cooper AT3's and see how those fit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I Opted to remove the spare. The width of the 225 worked well for me and provides plenty of clearance until the van is lifted. Good luck with finding a combination that works for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I Opted to remove the spare. The width of the 225 worked well for me and provides plenty of clearance until the van is lifted. Good luck with finding a combination that works for you.
What tire and wheel is that? Is that Wheel the same spec and the stock wheel? Does that tire rub on the inside rear at the front? It really does look great. Running a more aggressive tire really changes the overall appearance of the van. Thanks for the help. I just ordered a pair of the Spaccer spring spacer's for each corner. We're going to try that on one van and maybe order the 45MM lift from terranger for the other van.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I change the tire and the wheel, the tire size is 235/35/19 and everything seem fine in dry road, but in rainy day, the tire will have slippery sound if the turning radius is large.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
You mean when you are trying to make the radius small? The Metris has something like a 45 degree wheel cut, which is how you have a 126" wheelbase and a 36' curb to curb. You will get wheel slip when you crank the wheel and try to proceed quickly. The sound you are hearing is that on brand new rubber.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For my cargo van, I read in the owner's manual (page 292) that "Alloy wheels cannot be transported under the vehicle". Seems odd to me. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this issue?

I see that the under-vehicle spare tire setup uses a plastic "cover tray" that fits into the top of the stock/standard steel wheels of the cargo van. And of course this "cover tray" is molded to fit only the steel wheels, not some aftermarket alloys. But it seems to me that the "cover tray" is completely optional.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It took a long time to find wheels with the correct bolt pattern and offset that were actually LT rated. My local shop finally found the Mandrus Atlas and they look great. Tires are LT225/65R17/D 107 S and were a tight squeeze don't rub at all. Went with a 30mm lift from Spaccer which is 2 sets of spacers with the rubber profile. A local MB service shop did the install and said the rear was very easy but the front took mush longer because they had to remove part of the firewall to get to the strut bolts.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts