Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install (yellow) Fog Lights in the existing circular cut outs in the front bumper. Asked my dealer who contacted local installer's in North NJ and couldn't find anything. The 'in' set of lights to have apparently are those rectangular LED lights etc.. I have no use for those. Also, as informed the install requires MB specific mounting brackets and overall is pretty involved. All told onwards and upwards of $500..!

Can anyone suggest something?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I still need to get a set but I don't know what to buy as I keep hearing that I need those brackets 1st. Kind of like if you can't get them I'm not going to install anything at all....huh?

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'll double check. The first thing I did was took mine out and covered them with yellow Lamin-X. I don't recall any problems or anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I picked up aftermarket fog lights from Ebay, part #'s 191103200 & 191103100.

They come with the brackets and will bolt right into the bumper in the stock mounting location.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I highly suggest adding a film like Lamin-X to them to prevent chips.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Braddo, these look like what I need and a good price for the pair. I would also add the Lamin-X that RobbmeeX recommends as well. Now to find an installer.....that doesn't mind installing after market stuff.

Were they easy to install overall? The cut out's in the bumper easy to work with etc.? Thanks Folks Btw..!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Were they easy to install overall? The cut out's in the bumper easy to work with etc.? Thanks Folks Btw..!
Easy is subjective but I didn't think it was too bad. Vans that came without fog lights don't have any of the required wiring in place so you will need a few additional parts.
1. H11 pigtail connections [ame]https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Adapter-Harness-Sockets-Headlights/dp/B00Q3DNZ2I[/ame]
2. A switch [ame]https://www.amazon.com/TOMALL-Replacement-Toggle-Switch-Universal/dp/B0751GTCY5[/ame]
3. A relay (if the switch you choose isn't rated for 15amps)
4. A fuse tap to source power from the fuse box. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JU4K76[/ame]
5. #10 x 5/8 Sheet Metal screws
6. 14-12 gauge red + black wire, female spade terminals, ring terminals.

From under the van you can remove the plastic splash guard to gain access to where the fog lights mount. On the back side of the bumper there is a cut line molded into the plastic for a ~2 3/4" hole. It's probably best to take off the bumper and cut the hole from back to front. I was of course too lazy to take off my bumper so I installed a longer pilot bit in my hole saw and carefully drilled from the front keeping the drill parallel to the center-line of the van. I used a 5/16' drill to make the holes for the adjustment screws. Once the holes were drilled I used the #10 sheet metal screws to mount the fog lights into place.

I couldn't find a nice fog light switch that matched the Metris's interior style so I got a big dorky switch linked above. I didnt watn that switch mounted in my dash so I used a piece of aluminum angle stock to make a bracket for the switch. I then mounted the switch under the dash next to the parking brake release lever using an existing screw hole. It wasn't my ideal solution but its out of sight, accessible, i didn't have to cut any holes in my dash and I haven't banged my knee on it yet.

I then found an unused fuse terminal that was switched with ignitoin to source power from and wired it all in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woaaa, Braddo, Many Thanks this...! I'll use it as my guide if I decide to do it myself which I might. Just started small business; can't run out and spend on install honestly. Thanks again My Friend...!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts