Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just picked up a 2016 cargo and am thinking of grabbing some yakima racks to throw on top. I have the factory rails on the roof already, so I'm going to go with the yakima timberlines, and the corebar crossbars. Only thing is I'm not sure if I should go with the 60" or the 70" crossbars. Anyone out there have either sets of these crossbars and have likes/dislikes about them? I'm looking to get some overhang of the bar away from the towers.. not sure if the 60"s will be long enough for that though, let me know what you think.

If you've got any pics I'd love to see them too!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey all, I just picked up a 2016 cargo and am thinking of grabbing some yakima racks to throw on top. I have the factory rails on the roof already, so I'm going to go with the yakima timberlines, and the corebar crossbars. Only thing is I'm not sure if I should go with the 60" or the 70" crossbars. Anyone out there have either sets of these crossbars and have likes/dislikes about them? I'm looking to get some overhang of the bar away from the towers.. not sure if the 60"s will be long enough for that though, let me know what you think.

If you've got any pics I'd love to see them too!
I have the same Yakima combo. Here are pictures with the 60" corebars. I think that looks best. I did find 70" bars at an rei garage sale not long ago and decided to grab them for $20 (returned with missing parts but the only thing missing were the end caps). I have put on the 70" bars before to test out in case I wanted the extra room but I like the 60" better for my usual needs. Especially for when I load my roof top tent that gets hung up on the overhang with the 70" bars. The 70" will look like they are sticking out a good bit but are still only about as wide as the widest part of the body of the van.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same Yakima combo. Here are pictures with the 60" corebars. I think that looks best. I did find 70" bars at an rei garage sale not long ago and decided to grab them for $20 (returned with missing parts but the only thing missing were the end caps). I have put on the 70" bars before to test out in case I wanted the extra room but I like the 60" better for my usual needs. Especially for when I load my roof top tent that gets hung up on the overhang with the 70" bars. The 70" will look like they are sticking out a good bit but are still only about as wide as the widest part of the body of the van.
Awesome! Thanks for the pics. Yeah, I thought the 70" bars would be a little wide, thanks for the insight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts