Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

WTB Cargo with 180/270 doors and parktronic

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Grt15 
#1 ·
Time to upgrade my aging MY16 to a newer one but I'm having a really hard time finding one that is not Black/white, and also has 180/270 rear doors and parktronic. I'm willing to compromise on everything else, although the more extras the better. Anyone interested in letting theirs go?

#3 ·
Thanks icerabbit, I've already checked there and pretty much everywhere. But if there's that one unicorn about to go on sale, I think this is the best place to call dibs on it before anyone else. I've seen two sell in the past few months, but other buyers got to them before me.

#4 ·
I have parktronic. Rarely used. If I had to do a lot of parallel parking I'd probably try to make an effort to use it. If I had to do many daily deliveries with parallel parking I'd likely get it. The alternative is to install a 360 Birdseye camera system and a nice big screen head unit. Both would be luxurious.

#5 ·
I really appreciate your input pounce. I already have a 360 camera system I can transfer to my next van. I thought that having the proximity bumper sensors would be great because of the audible warning, and make me react quicker in case a kid or a pet gets too close and I'm not looking at the screen.

#8 ·
Remember the curb feelers?
Heck yeah! My mom could've used Parktronic, but all dad got her was a suicide knob on an early model Chevrolet. The child passenger restraint was her right arm. Not my pic, but you get the idea.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Reactions: The Crazy African
#9 ·
All joking aside, my wife's Audi saved my gass with automatic braking once as I looked down for a split second and the car in front of me stopped suddenly. Made me a believer in the technology. About parktronic, I don't really care, I don't parallel park, but the bumper sensors are must , as I said when a kid or dog darts into a moving van path , I personally respond faster to a warning sound.

#10 ·
The number one thing I'd really like on the next van is the 360 camera. Our SUV has it and in confined spaces ... or parking (in/out) it spoils you. The beeps from parktronic, they tend get in the way of things ... or I should say, I'm overly alarmed by them going off. Like when driving through the garage door it starts freaking out a bit, then I know I'm a foot from the sidewall, but it keeps beeping ... type of thing.

#11 ·
I have a 126" Silver 2019 with only 22k miles, 270 deg doors, cruise control, roof rails, with/without partition (currently removed but hanging in the garage attic) but no Parktronic - sorry. Oh, it also has rear wipers/heated windows, driver side sliding door and windows in both sliders. Good luck with your search

#14 ·
I think your reply was directed at me. Still looking and hoping something will turn up. Not giving up on parktronic just yet but will consider other options too(if the apparent unicorn doesn't turn up). Have you settled on your asking price?

#15 ·
Hi @Grt15, Yeah my previous response was directed at you. I tried an @ and I see it used a name instead of your "Grt15", sorry about that. I'm figuring $35k and I keep the awnings but the roof rack cross bars included with the sale.
Speedometer Vehicle Trip computer Odometer Plant

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Here's what I posted on the Metris FB group, but with a couple edits: I'm thinking of parting with my silver 126" Cargo with 23,200 miles. Bought it new in Jan 2021 and is under warranty until Oct this year as it's a 2019 model.
It has roof rails, cruise control, 270 deg doors, driver side sliding door, partition (currently removed but easy to bolt back in), sliding door windows and rear window/wiper package. I added 35% tint to all windows, fronts are perfect and rear are really private now. I added an OEM hitch and ZCI flat-four wiring but also custom 7-pin if you need it. I lifted the rear floor and installed sound-deadening mat on the entire floor, wheel arches, inside all walls and doors, and the roof. The roof got a 2nd layer of black foam sound insulation and LED lights. Custom maple wood boxes built over the wheel arches. I also have roof rack cross-bars with an 8ft Rhino-Rack awning and awning extension. My bike rack is currently bolted in via the OEM tie down hooks and it's easy to remove, there are shoe holders mounted to the side panels, and helmet hooks too.
Nokian WR G4 all weather tires have 11/32" front and 9/32" rear.
The prices are all over the place so I am wondering if $36k is a decent price or if I'm crazy?
Located in Central Illinois so it's pretty easy to get here.
Thanks, Keith.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.