Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha! I have a 2017 metris cargo van with 60k miles. I replaced the battery about one week ago, and it’s been running fine. Today I made a stop to pick up some paper and when I got back in to start it it would turn one revolution and stop cranking. Also there is a real funky smell coming from somewhere in the engine compartment which I cannot locate, only when trying to crank it over. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Aloha! I have a 2017 metris cargo van with 60k miles. I replaced the battery about one week ago, and it’s been running fine. Today I made a stop to pick up some paper and when I got back in to start it it would turn one revolution and stop cranking. Also there is a real funky smell coming from somewhere in the engine compartment which I cannot locate, only when trying to crank it over. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
My first thought is last thing touched first thing suspected. You need to carefully and subjectively review the battery replacement operation.

One think you can do -- but you have to be very careful -- is attempt to start the engine. This attempt should be as short as is reasonable.

Then quickly but carefully check battery cables and other wiring for any heat. A hot cable or wiring can be a clue where the problem is.

But before you do the above a check of the battery installation, the cabling and connections, the accessory drive belt and its condition, and just anything out of the ordinary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts