Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the most horrible windshield wipers I have ever had. They just accumulate ice on them I have the defroster on full blast and they still accumulate ice. Anyone else with this issues any advice from keeping them from accumulating ice.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Heated washer fluid doesn't help out?

I remember when my 2000 Subaru Outback had heating elements (on the windshield) for the wipers. Neat idea.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Ice scraper? You aren't supposed to use the windshield wipers for removing ice...

I would however suggest putting a de-icee additive into your washer fluid.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have de-icer windshield fluid. The ice form from the snow we have today it was 20 degrees out and the wind factor the water was freezing instead.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Speaking of the wipers, after first time driving in the rain I noticed the next day the windshield had black rubber 'scuff marks' at the edges of the A-pillar. Definitely not good. I covered my windshield last night before the NC snow/ice storm, so nothing to worry about yet.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I'd say Bosch blades should work. There isn't a factory mandate for them. Any decent German blade will do. Lol. Seriously, though, just keep in mind the odd set up with the unequal blades and eccentric passenger side motion. It might make sense to keep the MB blade on the pax side and go with a good blade for the more ordinary axial motion drivers blade.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Reactions: Sadragna

·
Registered
939 Posts
If you're under 12k/12mo, have them replaced for free. Then replace the blades with the ones you want and sell the new ones to me.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're under 12k/12mo, have them replaced for free. Then replace the blades with the ones you want and sell the new ones to me.
I have 1,000 miles on my van. I don't want to waste my time going to the dealer. I'll see you my use one if you want :smile:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update. I went to pep boy for the wipers. Bosch doesn't have anything for metris yet nothing on there website or in the pep boys computer. Rainx on the other had had wipers for the metris so I went with those. Long story short I wasn't able to get the on I followed the instructions also watch a video on YouTube but I wasn't able to get them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It has the connection for the metris wiper arm it just doesn't fit. Rainx use the "PTB" style for the connection.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Talking about windshield wipers, I am ordering a cargo Metris with the lift gate in the back.
Do wipers come standard with the lift Gate? None of the options mention wipers for the lift gate, only for the barn doors. I want the heated glass and wipers,but don't know how to specify that.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Talking about windshield wipers, I am ordering a cargo Metris with the lift gate in the back.
Do wipers come standard with the lift Gate? None of the options mention wipers for the lift gate, only for the barn doors. I want the heated glass and wipers,but don't know how to specify that.
I think it comes with the wiper of you build it online it shows it

1 - 20 of 39 Posts