Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2016 Cargo van wipers started making a horrible grinding sound coming from the motor. First time I've had to wrench on anything mechanical so far. Easy to remove the motor/gear assembly from the linkage. When I separated the motor from the gear case, it was evident that the rubber gasket was not seated properly, and it was full of water and pretty much wasted. I searched many Benz online parts places, and they all come up with "DISCONTINUED PRODUCT". Same with almost all parts I try to search for. Anyone know where to find a new motor. Don't need the whole Motor & Linkage, but if that is all I can get then that would work also, just can't find it anywhere. I'll be contacting stealership on Monday to see if they can help unless somebody here can help.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mercedespartscenter shows it as 4478200040 and does not indicate that it is not available
That number is for van with lane assist, and still says DISCONTINUED. My van doesn't have lane assist. Seems crazy to me that 99% of all parts for Metris are DISCONTINUED, only nuts and bolts are showing up with add to cart and prices.
If you have a link, please send.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Its likely not that they are discontinued, but that some of the parts have been superseded by different ones. The same thing happened with the trailer hitches.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I saw those when I searched, but that # is for model with lane assist, mine doesn't have that. Part #4478200140 is what I need. Don't know what the difference is, but guessing it has to do with the linkage pull arms length to allow wipers to miss the sensors on windshield. Looks like the motor/gearbox is the same, but not sure. I think I found a dismantler in WI that has 2 cargo vans they are parting out W/O lane assist, $80 from them. Going to check MB of Westminster on Mon. and see what they can do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@;
Its likely not that they are discontinued, but that some of the parts have been superseded by different ones. The same thing happened with the trailer hitches.
Would think all the MB parts fiche would give superseded #s if they actually wanted to sell them. Lame that all those parts are DISCONTINUED.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It seems like the online catalogs have not been doing a good job keeping up with Metris parts...probably because overall demand for them is still very small since they are so new. You can always call the MB dealer and get the part numbers....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems like the online catalogs have not been doing a good job keeping up with Metris parts...probably because overall demand for them is still very small since they are so new. You can always call the MB dealer and get the part numbers....
Nah, you need to go on MB parts sites and check out Sprinter parts also, look back at any year, you'll see the same results, only nuts and bolts are available. I think it's a conspiracy MB Vans has developed to keep us do it yourselfers from having access to parts. Makes more $ sense for dealerships.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just checked the 'genuinemercedesparts.com' site. Looks like most all parts are now listed as 'discontinued'. I'm afraid MB has just cut out our middle man stopped supplying them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just checked the 'genuinemercedesparts.com' site. Looks like most all parts are now listed as 'discontinued'. I'm afraid MB has just cut out our middle man stopped supplying them.
Mostly just for MB Vans parts. Car parts are readily available. Dealer wanted way too much for my wiper motor. Ended up sourcing it from PartsMarket dismantlers site. They had several Metris vans with reasonable prices, and fast shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts