Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I just took delivery of a used 2016 Metris Passenger which I am told had its windshield replaced just prior to my purchase. The windshield looks strange to me because it doesn't appear to have the weatherstripping around the edges of the glass that my other vehicles have had. It looks like the glass is sitting on/cushioned by some rubber or something, but the edges of the glass are visible as you see in the attached closeup pic (forgive the dirt - between rain and firework ashes, it needs a carwash).

So, is this raw-edge windshield actually how the vehicle comes and all of yours are the same way? Or did someone mess up during that windshield replacement? Tried to figure it out from Metris pics online but I can't zoom in enough to tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had my 2016 windshield replaced about 8,000 miles ago. I hadn't noticed until after the replacement how it sits out like that. I wondered too, but my replacement is working out fine, no leaks, no wind noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another confirmation that's it's normal. Thanks you guys for saving me from looking like a fool going into the dealer and asking for a fix to something that's not broken. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts