Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a rock kick up and put a long crack in my windshield today. I recall reading in past about people having issues with radios that were not properly hooked up after replacement...although I can't seem to find those discussions now.

Has anyone had a windshield replaced? Was it by someone like safelite or was it done by dealer. Not even sure if dealer does it or if they have someone like safelite come to their shop.

Hate having to remove the factory glass, but will have to.

Any experiences or comments you might have appreciated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Had mine replaced by mission auto glass that's located in the body shop (collision) that I used after accident. Got the OEM glass for $35 out of pocket. Insurance only covered "after market". But, as you can see. The original MB part wasn't much more. So if possible I would opt for the OEM glass and have whoever install it. Maybe read google reviews or ? on the shop of your choosing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
braddo - that was the post I was looking for...thanks! Somehow I couldn't find it when searching.

kbcool - I sure would prefer OEM glass...wasn't sure I could get that unless I went to dealer. I will be sure to inquire.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Last June I had to have mine replaced because of a rock. I asked my local MB dealer who they recommended to do it. They told me the name of a local shop they use. Then I called my insurance company, Hartford, and they went along with the MB recommendation. The windshield guys actually did the replacement inside the MB shop and then MB mechanics recalibrated the rain sensor and made sure everything worked. It took a week because the original windshield they ordered came in with a broken radio antenna lead. Glad that's over with.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Comprehensive
How can you get that? You were driving in the car and hit a rock but they quote you under comprehensive: that's nice. My other Benz got a long scratch on the passenger side doors front and back in a parking lot but no one left any notes they messed up, and my insurance quoted me on Collision while I'm not even in the car: what insurance company are you with? I'm using Ameriprise from Costco.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts