Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Metris, 35k miles, love it thus far.

I have done it before, but can't seem to replicate it-that being holding the UNLOCK button on the key fob and the windows roll down---helps when its hot out and precool the interior, except i've tried everything and can't make it happen again!? it cant be this hard? anyone?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Right. Like 2-3 feet max aimed right at the door handle

Reactions: RobbMeeX

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have never been able to make this unlock/windows down function work. I have tried with the key fob 1" from the door handle but the windows do not operate? May need to address it with my first service, perhaps there is a setting I am not aware of?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Forgot to mention, my key fob will work the windows from 10’ away if there is no obstruction between fob and sensor on door handle.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I have never been able to make this unlock/windows down function work. I have tried with the key fob 1" from the door handle but the windows do not operate? May need to address it with my first service, perhaps there is a setting I am not aware of?
The feature is standard on passenger models and optional on cargo models- not sure about passenger worker models; not all vans can do it. I assumed the OP had that feature because he said he did it once before.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My cargo van must not have this feature as I have tried the reset. I would prefer to have the windows open with the key fob over the fan coming on when you open the door.
My past VW's had the "all windows down or up" when you turned the key in the door to the extreme right or left, I thought it worked well on warm days to let the hot air out of the vehicle.
Thanks for letting me know that not all cargo versions have this feature, I will still ask about it at my first service but won't expect more than a shoulder shrug.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Metris, 35k miles, love it thus far.

I have done it before, but can't seem to replicate it-that being holding the UNLOCK button on the key fob and the windows roll down---helps when its hot out and precool the interior, except i've tried everything and can't make it happen again!? it cant be this hard? anyone?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I need hack for Metris Cargo. Was this option a part of any of the OEM 'package'?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts