Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their windows professionally tinted? Did the installer tint the small A pillar driver and passenger glass? Got my windows tinted today and they said they can't tint that window because it cant be easily 'accessed' to tint it properly. The wrap vehicles, so they put some black wrap on the OUTSIDE glass. Looks tacky to me. Just curious what others have done or experienced?

Thanks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know... looking at it seems with the right tool with a malleable handle and pre-cut window tint film it could be done.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine were tinted perfectly including the tiny window. It can be done!
Good to hear! You mind sharing a pic of your glass and the company who did it? Unbelievable to hear a 'professional' say, "We can't tint those glass".
Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine was done, First Class Tint, Nazareth PA

·
Registered
83 Posts
Adam's window tint in Okc, OK did my tint. I don't think any trim was removed to do them. It is perfect, and they used a film that is a German brand. The pic should be in my original post above.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I took my van to a shop to get an estimate for 3M Crystalline film on front & side windows, one sliding door, and two rear door windows. It was $750 which seems excessive. What is a reasonable installation cost ? This was in Sacramento California.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For those with passenger vans, what percentage tint was used to match the rear tint?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts