Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is **** bent on a 2018 explorer conversion Metris (I’m gonna to lease it for 3 years so I’m not worried about long term quality)

I’m really not opposed to it, but it doesn’t fit in our garage as the trim on the garage sits at 81 inches and the metris conversion is 82 inches. We live in Oklahoma so hail is a real threat.

It comes with 18 inch rims on 255/45/18 tires. I was considering putting on 17 inch rims with low profile tires to drop it an inch, and then put on the H&R springs to drop another 1.2 inches.

Should I have any concerns about doing these two mods? I’ve read a couple threads about the springs being rough, so I’m concerned.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Your garage door opening is only 81 inches? Usually they are 7ft.....I think I'd fix the garage. (or carve out the concrete a few inches)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I couldn’t modify the concrete, but I might be able to adjust the trim at the top that’s taking up space. I want to try the H&R springs but everyone says the rear (where my 4 and 5 year old will ride) gets way too bouncy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts