Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any metris-based campers to view at the 2018 CA RV show in Pomona? I’m from the central coast and don’t want to waste 2-1/2 hrs driving there if not. ??

·
Registered
16 Posts
We were there last Friday, there was only a Sportsmobile Metris. No GTRV, which was what I was hoping. There was another interesting Metris that was only available as a rental, and not retrofitted for camping. It had 4 captain's chairs in back (facing each other) and a table. Looked like a 4-rail system instead of the typical US 3-rail setup. Even though it was only a rental, it looked like Thousand Oaks Mercedes was the supplier of the Metris. Looking at their website showed a few interesting Metris that were converted for camping.

·
Registered
587 Posts
We were there last Friday, there was only a Sportsmobile Metris. No GTRV, which was what I was hoping. There was another interesting Metris that was only available as a rental, and not retrofitted for camping. It had 4 captain's chairs in back (facing each other) and a table. Looked like a 4-rail system instead of the typical US 3-rail setup. Even though it was only a rental, it looked like Thousand Oaks Mercedes was the supplier of the Metris. Looking at their website showed a few interesting Metris that were converted for camping.
I was driving by Thousand Oaks MB a week or so ago and pulled off when I saw two pax conversions with SCA 152 pop tops. I asked the salesperson who the upfitter was (they only had a dealer price of about $13k for the top, which isn't too bad for a dealer) and he said some company in San Berdoo which I couldn't find on the MB Upfitter locator.

Anyway, they did not have a set up I would want -- basically, they had a sliding kitchenette that extended from the rear. Almost a custom tent camping kind of set up, just weird.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Another option in Santa Rosa: GR GEAR just did a pax van with the TerraCamper kit. They claim it drives and sleeps 4 apparently without an upper berth. A few pics on their fb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts