Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Did you end up getting those wind deflectors? Trying to decide between the OEM version and Weathertech's.
I went with the OEMs. They fit really well. You have to bend them more than you'd think possible on the install, but they look and function great. And they have another MB logo! (top right)

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
951 Posts
Thanks! looks good. It was hard for me to tell if the product code was the pair or one side only. I'd prefer the MB logo over Weathertech since I'm going to be staring at it every time I get in the van :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks! looks good. It was hard for me to tell if the product code was the pair or one side only. I'd prefer the MB logo over Weathertech since I'm going to be staring at it every time I get in the van :)
I am pretty sure it was a pair in a ridiculously large box, forgivable given the weird shape . I used to think deflectors were major nerd equipment or a sign of Don Draper-level nicotine addiction. To the contrary, I have found they are essential when using the MaxxFan in "auto" mode and really helpful while cruising in any weather.

Now that I am all Noico, Noico RED and Thinsulated, the van is seriously quiet rolling or not. The wind deflectors do not add noise to my ear.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
951 Posts
Yea, I hated them until I bought a Honda Element for my wife that had them already. I planned to rip them off the next day, but it looked like a hassle. So I tried them for a while and realized they have a purpose. In the hot south you want to crack a window when parked, but you don't want an inch of water in the car when it rains. This is the only solution.

So for the Metris want ventilation and no water and don't have many choices. I do like how these are installed. Much different than the Element that has some screws and double sided tape. I just hope they are reversible and don't stretch out the weather stripping.

Now to figure out the most elegant solution for a bug screen adapter....

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
375 Posts
Thank you for sharing.
For the first time ever, I am leaning towards getting a set.

I never liked the glued on stuff and for some reason also equated them with smokers; but over the decades having parked a few times with the windows lowered down and inch or two … to keep the heat buildup down … only to have a thunderstorm during the day or night …

My enclosed metris cabin gets seriously hot and I don’t have the old benefit of the town and country or grand caravan fold-out rear side windows, that allows for some ventilation with minimal risk for water causing electrical issues.

Anyhow, I have been parking a lot with the windows lowered down. Have this now on the wish list.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
951 Posts
Rarely do I do this, but I cheaped out and bought the Weathertech version. I was getting their molded floor mats for the front and they were just a click away. Hopefully, I can remove their logo or cover it. They were half the price of the OEM product.

I'm envisioning a friction fit bug screens to fit in the window frame on the interior side to keep the noseums and mosquitos out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rarely do I do this, but I cheaped out and bought the Whethertech version. I was getting their molded floor mats for the front and they were just a click away. Hopefully, I can remove their logo or cover it. They were half the price of the OEM product.

I'm envisioning a friction fit bug screens to fit in the window frame on the interior side to keep the noseums and mosquitos out.
I just use screening and magnets.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts