Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got used 2017 Metris cargo worker van (only 6K miles, guy was going out of business). Outfitting it as support van for a 3500-mile cross-USA run.

Familiar with metal rivnuts & plusnuts but what are these white threaded inserts?

They look like they serve same function, but almost look OEM? But this van is so barebones that seems unlikely.

Appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yep, there's a bunch of them installed. They are super handy when installing stuff if you can work them into the plan. The smaller ones, mainly in the walls and ceiling are M6 x 1.0 (6 mm) and the larger ones in the floor and mid way up the walls in the rear are M8 x 1.25 (8 mm).

I redrilled some L track and used the factory installed M8 threaded inserts to install the L track on my walls at the waist line. The L track near the ceiling uses a couple of factory installed M6's and threaded inserts that I installed. Of course MB sells L track with the correct hole spacing for the waist line attachment points but that was not practical for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yep, there's a bunch of them installed. They are super handy when installing stuff if you can work them into the plan. The smaller ones, mainly in the walls and ceiling are M6 x 1.0 (6 mm) and the larger ones in the floor and mid way up the walls in the rear are M8 x 1.25 (8 mm).

I redrilled some L track and used the factory installed M8 threaded inserts to install the L track on my walls at the waist line. The L track near the ceiling uses a couple of factory installed M6's and threaded inserts that I installed. Of course MB sells L track with the correct hole spacing for the waist line attachment points but that was not practical for me.
What kind of liner you have in there

·
Registered
292 Posts
What kind of liner you have in there
The walls and ceiling are covered with Polywall. Its a plastic marketed as an alternative to fiberglass in shower stalls or wet settings. At $20 for a 4 x 8 sheet, its cheap, easy to work with and reasonably durable for a plastic. But for me the big selling point was that its bright and waterproof. I plan to use my van in cold temps so moisture migration was a big design issue for me.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Parkland-P...bossed-White-Matte-Plastic-Wall-Panel/3436816

·
Registered
292 Posts
RansomRidge where did you get your side window how much green did you spend?
Looking good :)
Thanks Baron. That's actually a pretty old pic, from earlier this winter.... there's been some changes since then.

Here's the thread on my windows. http://www.metrisforum.com/forum/409-metris-builds-conversions/4905-metris-camper-van-windows.html

The one thing that is driving me nuts is that the upfitter that I paid to install them did not put them in parallel to the floor. My galley counter is right below the driver side window and the tilt on the window is painfully obvious on the inside. They way they were installed looks fine on the outside so I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too with that model of window.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts