Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am trying to get information on what would be a good price for a U.S. 2017or 2018 Metris Cargo van from a dealer. I want one with cruise and a backup camera, and white, silver or other light colors. I've seen some advertised for about $32,500 or so, but am hoping for a better deal. I know that MB advertised a stripped Metris Cargo for $25,900 but that is without the BU camera and cruise I believe. Any comments?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know that MB advertised a stripped Metris Cargo for $25,900 but that is without the BU camera and cruise I believe. Any comments?
MSRP for a '17 Worker Cargo with the "Convenience Package" is $28,989. That includes cruise control and a back-up camera. It is otherwise a pretty stripped van. All Worker Cargos are white.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just bought a left-over 2017 passenger van a couple months ago. The dealer started at $2500 off MSRP and I asked for $5000...they didn't blink. But mine is loaded with options so there is more room to wiggle. Use something like Truecar.com to show you what the going "paid for" price (saving off MSRP) is in your area and then double it. If you can find a left-over 2017 with what you want...the dealer will want to move it to get 2018's. And there is no difference or upgrades between a 17 and 18.

Also, check the MBvans.com website and search for vans in your area. Negotiate on-line. Look at the "Special Offers" (financing & maintenance) MB has on the 2017's and 18's. I got free A and B service on my passenger van (offered through April 2, 2018). Watch the sales weenies as they will try and make it sound like they are doing you a favor by throwing in a "Special Offer" when it is something MB is doing anyway.

If you are trading in, don't tell them. Go to something like a CarMax and get an offer from them to buy your vehicle (usually good for 7 days) and after you negotiate the price on the Metris ask the dealer what they'll give you for your trade-in...if it is less than the "CarMax" offer...just turn the car in a take the check.

My 2017 was showed "12 days past A Service" on the display at start-up so I talked the dealer into a A Service (after the sale price was negotiated) prior to delivery. Heck, I got them toss in some MB merchandise (key fobs, ball caps and shirts) before I was done with them. That was on top of the $50 voucher I got for the swag department. I still think I got screwed ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts