Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Generally speaking, MB parts are much more expensive in the US than in Europe, both because of the way MB is perceived here, and more so, because of the cost of transatlantic shipping. I would guess you’d do better getting parts that aren’t Metris specific (mostly things relating to making an M274 fit into a W447) locally.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
Good to know!

I don't have international vehicle shipping experience myself (factory took care of it). I just thought along the lines of: a vehicle was in an accident, maybe the bumper and some other stuff came off, and it gets thrown inside the vehicle ... maybe throw in a few functional parts :)

And, yes, generally speaking MB parts are very expensive here. New or used. Even used parts for US vehicles were quite expensive, the few times I shopped online for them. I could find new aftermarket parts cheaper than genuine used, that somebody offered for sale. The exception of course would be if you can go to a junk yard and strip the part of a vehicle yourself, and whomever operates the yard doesn't charge much.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
I hope you will keep us posted on the journey of the van and the repair.

Can we be so curious what the vehicle cost and what shipping will be?

I have no idea about auction vehicle cost ... and heard in the past that a vehicle can be shipped for $1000 -$2000, between Europe and the US, depending on size.

Certainly seeing starting prices of $500 or $1000 on some of those ... if that could be a final price, that could make things interesting for people who can tackle bodywork and know the systems to get re-inspected, re-certified and re-titled. There were a few on that site that only looked to need rear doors, a bumper and some minor work ...

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,591 Posts
My day job involves auto auctions. Lots of great deals out there. More when you are a dealer.

Can we be so curious what the vehicle cost and what shipping will be?
In Europe this car very high price , not have gas oil engine, more diesel.
And price .
I buy car in copart with crash left door and original mileage. In Europe it is possible to buy a car with reduced mileage.
10700$ +copart fee +-700$+ delivery +-2000$ + custom 3500$ + repair +-2000$ . ==+-19000$ it's good price for my country

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
Nice breakdown.

I have only been a car consumer.

The repair cost is possibly low, but maybe that is with all his own labor, since it was $650 minimum to fix a 6 inch crease / dent in my lift gate in my last van ... where it was parked with the trunk open and somebody hit the outer lip.

But yeah, full tally 20 grand for a van, that is still young and limited miles.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
Interesting question.

Page 173 and following in the manual allows change of settings via the dashboard and steering wheel columns.
That should take care of the speedometer and distance.
And language is in there too.

The climate controls are in F …where 32F is freezing 0 Celsius. 70F is 21C. Myabe you can use an EU button or maybe you just have to live with that ;)
I kind of suspect that the car may work with either an NA or EU dial or control panel.
Note there are multiple systems, tempomatic and automatic, and in a passenger model there may be rear ac too.

Radio. American radio only uses the odd numbers .1 .3 .5 .7 .9
On some MB radios it is possible to get in the engineering menu of the Comand system that controls the radio, then set the region to US or EU. You may have to research “ MB US Comand in Europe “ or similar.
I have heard that some MB radios are region specific, but I suspect that since a Metris is made in Spain and just a rebranded Vito, that it is a global radio and a firmware setting as to which frequencies it shows.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I used to have a dodge ram, it had problems. You change the region and all the radio stations work. Mazda doesn't work like that.today toyota but I buy in Ukraine, only fm

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Can you try again with this message? its not clear what you are asking.

You got the van, but not the title?
I hope buy rv trailer in copart .
But in copart not have foto model only vin
4X4TFLE26KZ160805
I need khow what this model , but after buy I export to my country.
Copart in Houston.
Maybe who leave near copart . Have time make 1 foto

Отправлено с моего SM-G980F через Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,591 Posts
Probably best you have copart take the photos for you like they did for your van.

Did you get your van already? How it that going?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Probably best you have copart take the photos for you like they did for your van.

Did you get your van already? How it that going?
Ok . Thanks for idea .

do you think it can be loaded into a sea container

Отправлено с моего SM-G980F через Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,591 Posts
Anything can be shipped. Just depends on money. This really has nothing to do with a Metris so you may want to take it to a different forum

Looks like a flood damage. I wouldn't touch it.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
Looks like a flood damage. I wouldn't touch it.
Same.

If it flooded pretty well while empty and was abandoned right after, then cooking in the heat with the doors closed without any remediation ... it will be a toxic mess inside.

I get shivers just thinking about opening the door ...

One always has to figure there is a catch when there is next to no information and wonder what are they not showing and why are they not showing it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
добрый вечер друзья, продолжаю рассказ про свой метрис. на днях он прибыл в порт и перевозчик обещает доставить его на этой неделе.
I think to keep you informed about my "adventure"

21 - 40 of 71 Posts