Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what you're absolute favorite, most used, affects your camping the most, made your life easier or cooler, most loved add-on or accessory is to your Metris? Anything from an awning to a pop top, to a specific lantern, shower, seat swivel, or anything!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I have been eyeing those Dometic coolers. Afraid to get one without an additional battery though....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wondering what you're absolute favorite, most used, affects your camping the most, made your life easier or cooler, most loved add-on or accessory is to your Metris? Anything from an awning to a pop top, to a specific lantern, shower, seat swivel, or anything!
I have made many modifications and impactful additions since acquiring our bare cargo van in 2016. Many I have described in early posts. I am glad I took the time to install the Noico sound-deadening product. Along with the later insulation and panel additions the van is quiet, rattle free and temperature stable between ambient temperature and inside climate control.

After a couple years the Loncoin marine vinyl flooring is holding up as well as I had hoped and the L-track installed in the flooring is perfect for securing cargo and camper conversion components. The floor system was the base for future usage and modifications and has turned out to be quite sound.

I am glad I installed a Lewmar boat hatch in the roof instead of a vent. Compact in size and substantial in build this hatch does every vent requirement I need without a fan.

An easy modification that enhanced the interior functionality was the installation of a Scopema swivel seat adapter from Travois. Only required the passenger side for our needs and design. It really opens up the interior when the two of us want to relax or have a meal.

The fabrication and installation of the rear bench seat/folding bed element gives seating function or when extended a comfortable bed. The various removable cabinetries are versatile and adaptable for storing all kinds of stuff depending on the requirements. We find the installation near perfect for our needs.

The installation of the two AMA brand sliding windows, also from Travois, brightened the interior, added visibility for maneuvering, and provides additional ventilation when needed.

These and other additions and modifications have made our van functional and we enjoy the vehicle very much.

But to answer the question to what is the most impactful addition to the van we have made; without a doubt, not even with a close second, was the $24.80 addition of a Burco passenger side mirror 5731W from eBay. 2016 vans have flat mirrors that are a nightmare to use regardless of the various add on convex disks etc. I say that with many years of CDL experience on different rigs. I understand later models have a convex side mirror and some owners were successful in getting the 2016 mirrors changed out by dealerships. However the Burco mirror is impossible to tell apart from a factory install and works so well that I have not found the need, so far, to get a factory replacement. Best choice I’ve made for van usability but I like the other stuff too.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Burco-5731W...72.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would say my swivels from Travois and my pop top from Colorado-camper-van I even like my home made bed and Marco Polo look-like furniture :) Its a perfect small travel van...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts