Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Metris Cargo 135
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2021 metris cargo van 135"WB. It doesnt have an interior mirror but I want to upfit a digital rearview mirror from amazon onto it. I found a part on aliexpress for a metris interior mirror arm for that digital mirror. Now, I just need to buy a bracket that has a round base which is glued onto the windshield with a hexagonal thread on the other end for attaching a rearview mirror. I think its this part in a picture Firemancjr posted a while back:

For reference, here's the empty spot in my van where that part would be attached:
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Fender Audio equipment

If anyone knows what the part number is or where to buy it please let me know. I haven't had luck with my dealer's parts department. as they requested the VIN of a metris that came from the factory with a rear-view mirror to order parts.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,031 Posts
Before you do this maybe consider a dash mounted mirror. Many of the digital mirrors on Aliexpress are also mounted on a console mount where it can rest on the dash. I know we are all used to looking up for the mirror, but if it doesn't have to be there it can even be closer to your line of sight including the clip board cave in front of the wheel.

·
Registered
2021 Metris Cargo 135
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before you do this maybe consider a dash mounted mirror. Many of the digital mirrors on Aliexpress are also mounted on a console mount where it can rest on the dash. I know we are all used to looking up for the mirror, but if it doesn't have to be there it can even be closer to your line of sight including the clip board cave in front of the wheel.
Its too late for that approach for me. I've bought the mirror, bought the metris mirror arm, and ran the wire for the rear cam (can see it in the picture).
Also, I'd like the mirror to double as a dash cam, so mounting it high is nice.

I took a look through some parts sites like mercedesbenz.parts but they dont seem to have the right diagram and parts list for the metris interior mirror. They appear to show that the mirror is attached to the windscreen with a rectangular part (901-671-01-15) instead of what i believe should be a round part.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,031 Posts
I don't know the part. If it were me I'd first walk into the parts department and have them look it up. The online stuff is horrible in comparison. They can usually spot the part right away. I'd then cringe at the cost and consider one of the mirror buttons I can get on amazon and figure out just how much depth I need and use some of the adapters to get the right fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts