Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to the dealer soon and wanted to know what is a good price for a Metris Passenger Van.
Maybe not a fixed number, but what should I get in terms of discount on MSRP, and any incentives, as well as any other dealer discounts?
Would it be a good move to join the MB club? I know the Audi club saved me $2k when I bought my TTS.
Bob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mercedes has a 6% mark up from invoice price. When I sent out an e-mail to several Dealers for their bid on my Metris. A couple dealers came back at invoice price. I ended up getting about 12 % off MSRP for my 2016 special order cargo van, plus cash back that was being offered at the time the van came in 4 months later. The dealer may not have made money on my specific sale, but there are so many other ways dealers make money in addition to individual sales. I think you have to be a member of the MB club for a year before you can get any discounts, and the discount was not that much.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks LeslieB,
I hope I can score as good a deal. There seem to be quite a few Metris's on the lot here in NYC area.
I took a chance and joined MB club. Hopefully, I can get the $500 discount.
Bob

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
What's a good price you ask? One time I bought a container (40 ft) of 3M class 3 ANSI compliant T-shirts for .70 cents a peice. I sold them for $5 each. Home Depot was selling them for $16.50- same sku. That's a good price on all sides. Except maybe the imbecile who sold me the container. Container was included in the purchase, too. Wasn't in good shape though.

I was tripling my money on wholesale, man. Getting 15% off is nothing.

Or that time I bought 50 dozen class 3 reversible knee length Gerber raincoats for $10.50 a piece. Those sell for about $60. I actually still have some sitting in my basement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts