Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at Cars.com for Metris for sale adds there seem to be a huge majority with mileage in the 30-35K range. Inquiring minds want to know why so many for sale with that low mileage?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I looked on that site. They have 202 used Metris vans nationwide. About 60 have between 30K and 40K miles. I started checking and the first 10 I checked had been rental or commercial vehicles, so I just quit and I assume that most of the rest were the same.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep... rental returns. They bail on them about when the warranty is up. Also some may be lease turn-ins. A lot of fleets turn over their stuff after around 2 years or so. Wouldn't be alarmed; just a normal turn over cycle and not indicative of any deficiency in the vehicle.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've bought a couple of rental returns. Saved a good bit of money on the purchases and had no undue problems with the vehicles.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for that. So if you buy one from Cali, will they honor warrantee issues up here in Seattle? Does it make sense for them to shift cars around or just go pick it up down there?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Warranty is honored at any dealership (that services Sprinter, apparently)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have 55,812 miles on my car and have not experienced any issues besides a fault with the overhead console that suggests anything other than a manufacturing defect. (As opposed to say, bad design.)

It drives like it did when I bought it, and feels just as solid. It is still my intention to keep this car until it loses structural integrity. (Read: 15-20 years, 5-600k miles).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts