Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at Cars.com for Metris for sale adds there seem to be a huge majority with mileage in the 30-35K range. Inquiring minds want to know why so many for sale with that low mileage?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I looked on that site. They have 202 used Metris vans nationwide. About 60 have between 30K and 40K miles. I started checking and the first 10 I checked had been rental or commercial vehicles, so I just quit and I assume that most of the rest were the same.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep... rental returns. They bail on them about when the warranty is up. Also some may be lease turn-ins. A lot of fleets turn over their stuff after around 2 years or so. Wouldn't be alarmed; just a normal turn over cycle and not indicative of any deficiency in the vehicle.

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
I have 55,812 miles on my car and have not experienced any issues besides a fault with the overhead console that suggests anything other than a manufacturing defect. (As opposed to say, bad design.)

It drives like it did when I bought it, and feels just as solid. It is still my intention to keep this car until it loses structural integrity. (Read: 15-20 years, 5-600k miles).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.