Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I never dealt with his dealership, except to buy a jug of coolant for my W124 with a blown gasket. I know him personally and I think he is a rotten individual, an opinion shared by a number of people in Berks County business circles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Togo, yes it was Larry. Nice guy, would be happy to purchase from him, all price. I will see him for the hitch if we go OEM, haggle w/him on the extended warranty, and generally harass him when at the dealership :)

Green, I will take your word on him, no reason to go back anyway....PRICE sold me

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dealership service said NO to me for alignment when I stated the above because a test drive did not reveal pulling and there was no abnormal tire wear. I was offered a $200 alignment by them if I wanted it but said it is not a warranty item. I declined. I wrote MB USA but no response in the past 2 days. I would have hoped for an alignment check of more than just a test drive as my local mechanic has done for me on another vehicle. It looks like MB is too tight with their resources. Disappointing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As a repair person myself i try to leave the diags to the techs. I will probably have an opinion of what to do but I try to complain about a symptom/problem and let them repair in any way they see fit...but it must be repaired! My van drives like it is windy out on the express way, I don't care if they repaint it, replace the tires or possibly even check the alignment to fix it as long goes strait when complete. In this instance I have read on the 5 favorites things about the Metris many were thrilled w/the way it went strait and handled. In my case it would be the worst thing about the van, something must be up! Fix it please... I have not taken mine in yet so maybe they will check the alignment w/no hassle...just drive strait when I get it back and not wear out my tires

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am concerned this is what Mercedes will say. It is a early build which is known to have alignment issues. Some owners report the handling is their favorite features yet my worst. I had the lane warning system constantly come on while driving and while trying to avoid it. Since you came up sounding defensive to me maybe you could advise me of an idea how to present this so I don't have to waste a trip there and come back irritated? "Mine has been aligned 3 times and is out of alignment again, or rather wearing uneven again." This quote is from your early posts not sure why i should not get the benefit of the doubt here???

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Tell them to check your alignment. It can't hurt. However, my experience is outside of windy days, the car tracks true, even though my front Hankooks look like angel food cake at the moment.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am concerned this is what Mercedes will say. It is a early build which is known to have alignment issues. Some owners report the handling is their favorite features yet my worst. I had the lane warning system constantly come on while driving and while trying to avoid it. Since you came up sounding defensive to me maybe you could advise me of an idea how to present this so I don't have to waste a trip there and come back irritated? "Mine has been aligned 3 times and is out of alignment again, or rather wearing uneven again." This quote is from your early posts not sure why i should not get the benefit of the doubt here???
Just pay the $200 for the alignment at the MB dealer and move on with your life.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The vehicle has 400 miles on it, I have had it 3 weeks, why would i pay for about anything? I think I will need my insurance for a cracked windshield since I can see an indentation where a rock hit it but I am on my 1st tank of gas still :). This weekend it should be when it becomes my primary vehicle.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The vehicle has 400 miles on it, I have had it 3 weeks, why would i pay for about anything? I think I will need my insurance for a cracked windshield since I can see an indentation where a rock hit it but I am on my 1st tank of gas still :). This weekend it should be when it becomes my primary vehicle.
You have been complaining about your van handling poorly for two weeks now and still haven't taken it in to get the alignment checked, or even contacted the dealer to find out if they will cover the cost. When the problem can be fixed for as little as $200 (or possibly for free, you haven't bothered to check) it's not much of a problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a noise in the steering column sounds almost like a binding u-joint it doesn't seem to make it more difficult to steer, it does seem to change slightly with tilt position. Haven't pulled panel to look at it yet. I have 47000 miles on mine now, use premium fuel and MB oil at dealer since new. ran original hankook tires to 40K rotated 2X.went to Michelin, Hankock on B/O till to long for me.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I've replaced steering columns for it. Do you have ELW? No use to pull the panel, nothing to service, just replacement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't imagine what would do that. I have been quite sure it is impossible to bypass the ignition interlock, which requires the key.
I wish it wasn't so. It has occurred a few times in less than 6k miles. More recently, the van started with the key as it should, but wont go out of park. The cluster lights up like key is in position #2, and gear shifter indicates Reverse or Drive selected, but van will not move from park. Have to turn it off and wait X to try again and hope it works like it should.
Add to that sporadic "Collision Prevention Assist currently unavailable", "Collision Prevention Assist Inoperative", reverse sensors not working, power sliding doors not closing by the button, remote key not functioning, TPMS giving warning with tires all the same correct pressure, Rear a/c blower not turning up fan speed, a/c smelling like rotting death, a/c not cooling, and some other things, I wish I hadn't taken the leap of faith in this van.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dropped it off at the dealer today. They have replaced the main rear gasket on the 2 rear doors. They are replacing the amplifier on the antennae, and they said the last bracket on the rear muffler was rubbing against the trailer hitch frame and have moved/adjusted it. I believe I will be picking it up tomorrow sometime. I don't know why MB is using wire in the windshield for their antennae. GM/FORD/Chrysler/Volvo and others found out long ago the ext ant is better for reception. I am distracted by the wire in the glass cause I keep thinking the glass is cracked...
Did the replacement antenna amp change anything?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Almost 3 yrs on mine, I think 30k miles now-no issues at all-except after the Service B, the tech forgot to put the little clip that holds the cover/flap along the engine / van chassis, not a skid plate, but a cover....a tremendous rattle vibration on freeway after 50mph, was gnarly....I just got under the van and looked myself, saw the missing clip. Dealer (anaheim hills) was gonna send someone out to install, at my house! But I had some extra clips from my prius haha, did it myself. Great van.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Anyone have trouble with the gas cap tie line deteriorating? Mine looks like it's about to give out. Seems like it might require replacing the entire cap to replace the line?

61 - 80 of 102 Posts