Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi There-

Long story short; I've installed new android/carplay head unit (see sample pic at bottom). I am trying to figure out how I connect to the existing stock rear view camera. Not sure it is possible as the 'new' unit only has a RCA style vidoe connector.

I believe its a 4 pin HSD Z connector (#1 or #2?). BUT... I 'think' I need to convert the 4PIN to a RCA connector if possible--- Something like this Link

White Musical instrument Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gas

Question -
What are the connections on the back of the ORIGINAL head unit (see above)?

1-
2-
3-
4-

New Unit is the following
Output device Gadget Automotive lighting Audio equipment Font

·
Registered
2020 Metris
16 Posts
Circuit component Passive circuit component Computer hardware Electronic engineering Audio equipment

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread Tire Gas

When I pulled mine out I had the same question, the black is the antenna, the green is the camera, the heavier red connector is the USB. ThePAC RP4.2-MB11 came with all the connectors that go to my new Kenwood HU.

·
Registered
2020 Metris
16 Posts
Mine only had the main harness plug with the antenna, camera & usb connected. I always just use the wireless CarPlay, but was surprised to find out the factory in dash USB works to charge my phone too. But I never really use that USB, I installed a aux battery cig lighter socket that runs a fast charger if a change is needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts