Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Metris Getaway
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a local automatic car wash and inquired if they could/would wash the van with the Fiamma awning. They said they could but would have to de-activate the top and passenger side brushes, thus greatly reducing the effectiveness of the wash.
So, my question is: do any of you have any experience with running a Getaway through an automated car wash.
I don't have a problem with washing it by hand except that it's not a thing I look forward to in the winter (I live in Northern Colorado), especially since washing more frequently will be necessary.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I am a former Boulderite. I'd find the "touchless" drive through's that have a rotating spray arm and no brushes, as I did with my Eurovan in Colorado. As a native and relatively rational Californian, all things considered, I was unwilling to do the salt removal undercarriage wash on my own in the winter! It was bad enough dragging my compressor around to blow out the sprinklers!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
We don't recommend using a car wash with the awning. It would withstand it, but the downside if something did happen is high. Not worth the risk in our estimation.

Enjoy the van!!

·
Registered
2021 Metris Getaway
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We don't recommend using a car wash with the awning. It would withstand it, but the downside if something did happen is high. Not worth the risk in our estimation.

Enjoy the van!!
Harley,
How hard is it to remove the awning?
I'm thinking we won't be using it in the winter so if it is easy to remove & reinstall, that might be an option.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
37 Posts
Harley,
How hard is it to remove the awning?
I'm thinking we won't be using it in the winter so if it is easy to remove & reinstall, that might be an option.

Thanks,
Paul
Hi
Honestly, it's not an option. It can be done, but it's tricky and we don't recommend it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to a local automatic car wash and inquired if they could/would wash the van with the Fiamma awning. They said they could but would have to de-activate the top and passenger side brushes, thus greatly reducing the effectiveness of the wash.
So, my question is: do any of you have any experience with running a Getaway through an automated car wash.
I don't have a problem with washing it by hand except that it's not a thing I look forward to in the winter (I live in Northern Colorado), especially since washing more frequently will be necessary.
We just got a cover for our camper and it is great! Fits perfectly, even though we just bought a regular Metris cover. It does a nice job of protecting our solar panels from dirt, leaves, and the occasional bird, plus it is clean and ready to go when we want to use it. I washed it by hand before I covered it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
My MaxxFan loves the touchless car wash, as do the CRL windows

·
Registered
26 Posts
We just got a cover for our camper and it is great! Fits perfectly, even though we just bought a regular Metris cover. It does a nice job of protecting our solar panels from dirt, leaves, and the occasional bird, plus it is clean and ready to go when we want to use it. I washed it by hand before I covered it.
Where did you buy the cover from? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts