Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer gave me an extended warranty through Warranty Solutions. I've been reading the reviews and they are scary. I bought the van with 2,105 miles on it. I know I can cancel this warranty but will I be able to get a warranty through MB? Has anyone dealt with Warranty Solutions?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Cancel, get the MB ELW. Still under factory warranty?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I know for fact they offer an extended limited warranty.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I have an MB ELW. Hogwash they don't offer them. It would scare me if they stopped.

Anyway, certain reputable dealer chains like CarMax exempted, there are two rules about buying non-manufacturer backed warranties:

1) Never buy a non-manufacturer backed extended warranty.

2) NEVER buy a non-manufacturer backed extended warranty.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just called 2 other dealerships and they said their system shows no available MB extended warranty available. If someone knows someone with access to the MB system can they check for me? The VIN# is WD4PG2EE7G3089381

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was the van purchased from a MB dealer? Sounds strange to me they would offer a third party warranty.

I know for a fact there is a MB ELW. That was the only tough decision I had to make once I decided to by the van. Didn't get it, but I will soon. The van is a keeper in my book.

As far as the two folks that have responded to your question. I would take both those responses to the bank. One is from a guy who works in the service department of a MB dealer, and the other has had work done on his van under the ELW.

One constant about the Metris van is many of the dealers know little to nothing about it, so that is something an owner must keep in the back of there mind. There is and has been some great information shared here. Good luck with your situation.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I just called 2 other dealerships and they said their system shows no available MB extended warranty available. If someone knows someone with access to the MB system can they check for me? The VIN# is WD4PG2EE7G3089381
I'll run it through Netstar when I'm not busy at work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll run it through Netstar when I'm not busy at work.

Thank you, I called another 2 dealerships that handle sprinter and they advised me that due to the fact I bought it used and it was not a CPO MB does not offer extended warranty. :|

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased my Metris from Sun Motors in Mechanicsburg, PA three months ago. It was a 2016 "demo" model with 3200 miles on it. I inquired about an ELW and they gave me a quote for the MB ELW, not Warranty Solutions. They gave me the following prices:

4 year 75,000 miles - $1,040
5 year 90,000 miles - $1,820
6 year 105,000 miles - $2,600
7 year 120,000 miles - $3,380

Is this typical of what other owners are being offered? Do they dicker on the price?

And how many people are getting the ELW's? And which one, 1,2,3 or 4 year extension?

Thanks for your input.

etdown

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got a good quote for ELW from him a few months ago:

Jeff Jackson
Finance Director
Tafel Motors
4156 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Kentucky 40207
(502)896-4411 ext . 1246

·
Registered
147 Posts
@qnf, what did you end up getting? Can Mr. Jackson sell the ELW to someone buying elsewhere?
@All, I, too, would like to know what others are opting for regarding the ELW. I hope to start the ball rolling in the next week or two.

Bob

·
Registered
33 Posts
FWIW here is what I was quoted for the ELW when I bought my van Sept. 2016.

5 year 90,000 miles - $2,400
6 year 105,000 miles - $3,000
7 year 120,000 miles - $3,600

A little more than what was previously posted. I would guess there is a little wiggle room as to what price could be had.
I did not buy the ELW at the time, but have decided since I really like the vehicle, and plan to keep it for the long term. I too would be interested in what prices are being quoted for factory ELW purchased after the original vehicle purchase.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts