Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any views in the community concerning appropriate levels of Extended Limited Warranty / Prepaid Maintenance for a new Metris order?

My VW-owning friends suggest ordering such things. I know nothing about them.

Are they just money-making add-ons for the vendor like BestBuy electronic warranties? Or are they worthwhile additions for the long-term Metris owner?

Please share your views.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
You definitely want the extended warranty for the length of your intended ownership. Mine is half way to paying for itself, and I have only used up 14k miles of the extended coverage (I have the 7/120k). Mercedes have nickel and dime problems as they age. Except at MB dealer a nickel is $500 and a dime $1000.

I am not sure about the coverage for maintenance. At 45k my cost of maintenance stood at $2500, including front and rear brakes (pads only at the rear, pads and discs at the front) and a full set of new tires. Don't know if it covers those things. I did not buy the maintenance coverage; I do not know if it is worth it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I get freeish labor and dealer parts pricing and I'm buying the ELW.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You definitely want the extended warranty for the length of your intended ownership. Mine is half way to paying for itself, and I have only used up 14k miles of the extended coverage (I have the 7/120k). Mercedes have nickel and dime problems as they age. Except at MB dealer a nickel is $500 and a dime $1000.

I am not sure about the coverage for maintenance. At 45k my cost of maintenance stood at $2500, including front and rear brakes (pads only at the rear, pads and discs at the front) and a full set of new tires. Don't know if it covers those things. I did not buy the maintenance coverage; I do not know if it is worth it.
I change my brake myself and save a lot of money. I purchase OEM at dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts