Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting an intermittent warning symbol. In the center of the dashboard the digital area, a red silhouette of the van appears, but goes away within a second. When this happens, there is an audible chime, and the radio mutes briefly. What is it?

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea what it is. It isn't one of the standard symbols, and it's only there for a second. Very intermittent.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I also experience this issue occasionally....twice now.

I can narrow it down to when it has been raining for a couple of days and I suspect that there is a moisture build up in the door frames. In these wet circumstances, it is fine in a straight and level line, but when I take a corner which has a change in level, such as turning right into an uphill street, I get a chime and a flash of red in the instrument cluster. My thoughts are that it has something to do with a torsional twist in the body, as slight as that may be, causing a contact issue in the door electronics.

Next time I clean the van it's gone, until we get extended rain which is what we are currently experiencing.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After talking to my dealer it seems to be a door contact issue. The car thinks a door is open while driving is the red warning light. I took a pencil eraser and cleaned the contacts on the sliding side door, they were dirty but seemed to look ok, but much brighter after cleaning. I have not had the warning light since, so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts