Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in the Metris for the versatility and because its spacious, unique and from Mercedes.

I currently drive a 2011 B200 Turbo and is my first Mercedes, despite a couple hiccups, I love the car and will gladly go into another Mercedes vehicle. I've been wanting a 2015 GLK, but thought a van may be better for my plans of dump runs, cargo hauling, camping and road trips with the wife and possibly dogs.

I may go brand new just be sure to get the exact options I want. Hoping for 4MATIC with diesel engine, but I still need to take one out for myself to see how it performs. As long as it has punchy passing power, I'm good. I'll be interested in snow/winter driving adventures too.

Looking forward to seeing others developments in making a camper type that's not too crazy. And of course the issues that may come up with new models. Let's hope its bullet proof and made to last a long time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
GLK and a Metris is 2 completely different vehicles. The Metris passenger van is great, but depends what you didn't like about the b200 turbo (my friends had the b200 and had numerous problems), the Metris uses the same engine. I am not sure if you consider that power.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The B200 Turbo has less power 194 hp - 206 tq, but in a lighter vehicle its plenty peppy in sport mode with great mpg to boot. The CVT is great, but yes had issues. The GLK would be similar in size, but with moderate offroad ability. The Metris would be all around versatility, but no off road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts