Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seached this forum with no luck.

Has any member mounted the Vredestein Quatrac 5 All/season tire?

These tires get great reviews on independent sites. But it's tough to find someone with real world use on a Metris. Made in Holland, with a XL load rating and available in sizes: 225/60-16 and 225/55-17 to fit our vans. I would be very interested in your comments.

Vredestein also makes some highly rated cycling tires. I have used on my road bikes with good results.

Thank you.

·
Banned
80 Posts
I'm going with 235/55-17

There's not a lot of XL choices that meet the 101 rating. The Nokian eNTYRE I plan on using are 103 XL, like $75

·
Registered
37 Posts
20k miles on my Quatrac 5's in all sorts of conditions and can say they are a much better choice than the OEM tires in anything but dry summer conditions, and then the difference is absolutely minimal.

I live in Seattle, so steep hills and slimy mossy slick old concrete streets. The Quatracs grip slick wet surfaces really well. Much better in snow too (but I'll still contend that the Metris isn't good in snow, at least the way I drive it with one two seat bench in back and not a lot of weight in the back).

Will say that as they wear, the Quatracs have lost some capacity. It seems like they will fade a lot as they get near the end of their lifecycle

I run Michelin CrossClimates on my wife's X3, same type of tire, and those are even a little better all around. Same amount of wear and no drop-off in grip. The Michelins seem like they'll drive more like new later into their lifecycle than the Quatracs. But cost a lot more and I couldn't find them for the Metris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts