Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 16 metris cargo on Tuesday. Bought it sight unseen out of North Carolina and had it shipped to AZ. Mainly due to the deep discounts this dealership was offering and it had the black leatherette, tow package, rear windows and cargo partition. Which is exactly what I wanted. But, anyways! After connecting my phone and pressing the call button on the audio 15 unit. I expected to be given voice prompts. But, instead i find myself having to navigate through either my call log or phone book in order to place a call. Not good while driving!!! Does the van not have voice commands? Or was the steering wheel controls option a requirement? Which I do not have or wanted!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Siri? It will work with your phones voice command system. Activate it on the phone.
Yes, I do have an iPhone so using Siri is an option. Thanks
Do you have the multi function steering wheel option in your van? If so do you get voice prompts?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I was told that voice commands work only with the navigation. I have the multi function steering wheel so I just navigate my way around the phone option

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
The button on the wheel only controls the Becker Map Pilot. If you put your phone in the cubby next to the USB port, Bluetooth pair it, and plug it into the USB it will stream music to your stereo and give you Siri. All you have to do is touch the Home button on the phone. You don't even have to take it out or look at it or anything.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The button on the wheel only controls the Becker Map Pilot. If you put your phone in the cubby next to the USB port, Bluetooth pair it, and plug it into the USB it will stream music to your stereo and give you Siri. All you have to do is touch the Home button on the phone. You don't even have to take it out or look at it or anything.
Yes that's what I did today. Thanks again for the tip!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts