Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a sticker on some GM cars that lists all the codes for all the options that particular car has. I am shopping for a used Metris and I would like to know if they have such a sticker. I found the online "2016 Metris Draft Equipment Book" which explains the optional equipment and shows the 3 character code for each option. (I presume "draft" means it might not be complete or accurate, but I did not find a Final Equipment Book.) I am particularly interested in the H09 "enhanced power" for the A/C option because I live on the steamy Gulf Coast. Is there a sticker that lists the optional equipment? If not, how can I tell if a used Metris has the H09 option. I have looked at the online owner's manual and it shows how to control the manual temperature control A/C system and the automatic temperature control system. I found no information about enhanced power there and I expect that H09 is a separate option that could be on the manual temperature control system or the automatic temperature control system.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have seen a sticker on some GM cars that lists all the codes for all the options that particular car has. I am shopping for a used Metris and I would like to know if they have such a sticker. I found the online "2016 Metris Draft Equipment Book" which explains the optional equipment and shows the 3 character code for each option. (I presume "draft" means it might not be complete or accurate, but I did not find a Final Equipment Book.) I am particularly interested in the H09 "enhanced power" for the A/C option because I live on the steamy Gulf Coast. Is there a sticker that lists the optional equipment? If not, how can I tell if a used Metris has the H09 option. I have looked at the online owner's manual and it shows how to control the manual temperature control A/C system and the automatic temperature control system. I found no information about enhanced power there and I expect that H09 is a separate option that could be on the manual temperature control system or the automatic temperature control system.
You did not say what model year you're looking at. Here is the equipment book for 2016. Sorry, can't help you on the air conditioning question.... not a concern for me since I live in Alaska.

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
Look midway under the driver's side for HVAC refrigrant lines heading towards the rear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You did not say what model year you're looking at. Here is the equipment book for 2016. Sorry, can't help you on the air conditioning question.... not a concern for me since I live in Alaska.
Yes, that is the 2016 Draft Equipment Book that I have. I don't have a lot of money to spend so a 2016 or 2017 Passenger model is what I am looking for. Have you ever noticed a sticker that has a list of the 3-character codes shown in the Equipment Book? This GM sticker shows the VIN and uses 3-character codes for the included options, too. Since a passenger Metris doesn't have much bare paint inside, I would expect to find it under the hood or on a door jamb if it exists. This is useful information for a service technician.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look midway under the driver's side for HVAC refrigrant lines heading towards the rear.
I think that would indicate the HZ7 rear air conditioning unit, which is standard on passenger Metrises and not necessarily the H09 enhanced air conditioner power. One thing I learned recently is that H09 can only be added to the automatic air conditioner, so that is one way to eliminate it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It occurred to me that, instead of a sticker, the equipment options for a particular VIN could be stored in a database and the information could be accessed online by filling in the VIN (or, in the case of a service technician, by scanning the dashboard VIN). Does anybody know if Mercedes Benz has such a system, and if so. is it accessible by anyone?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Lul, yeah, I know.

It's accessible to not anyone, but particularly me. PM me then vin and I'll look it up Monday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's accessible to not anyone, but particularly me. PM me then vin and I'll look it up Monday.[/QUOTE]

I tried but I am not allowed to PM anybody except staff. Would it be OK to post the VIN in this forum?

·
Registered
292 Posts
It's accessible to not anyone, but particularly me. PM me then vin and I'll look it up Monday.
I tried but I am not allowed to PM anybody except staff. Would it be OK to post the VIN in this forum?[/QUOTE]

Make a few more posts and you can do more things on this forum- like PM people and add pics. The magic number is 5 or 10. Don't ask me why its that way- maybe to prevent one time visitors from making stupid comments??? Some of us with lots of posts like to make stupid comments too so its debatable how useful that policy is.... :smile:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm cool with it.
Thanks for your help. The VIN is WD4PG2EE1G3094026 . If it's not too much trouble, I would like to know all the option codes for equipment that is not obvious. I can look the codes up in the Equipment Book. For example, I can tell if it has fog lights, but I don't know how to tell if it has blind spot alert or rain-sensing wipers.

·
Registered
939 Posts
L16
Fog lamps halogen
CF7
Comfort suspension
C01
Driver Comfort Package
C02
Chassis parts for armoured veh
C05
Premium Appearance Package
C08
Chassis parts for transport of
C09
Rear Passenger Comfort Package
C10
Interior Appearance & Convenie
D12
Roof rails
ED4
AGM battery 12 V 95 Ah
EK1
Terminal strip for electrical
EL9
Two-way speakers, front and re
EN7
Radio 2DIN with navigation
ES3
12 V outlets for rear seat row
E07
Start-off assist
E1N
Becker Map Pilot
FF1
Centre console with stowage co
FG9
Detachable Cup Holders, Rear A
FI1
System frequency of infra-red
FP4
Chrome package, interior
FR8
Reversing aid (rear-end camera
FS5
Illuminated vanity mirrors for
FZ8
Convenience opening/closing wi
FZ9
Two additional master keys
F48
Heated windscreen washer syste
F61
Rear mirror inside
F66
Glove box lockable
F68
Heated rear-view mirror, elect
G42
Automatic transmission 7G-TRON
HH4
"Thermotronic" automatic clima
HZ0
PTC element
HZ7
Tempmatik/automatic climate co
H00
Hot-air duct to passenger comp
H09
Air conditioning system with e
H15
Heating for co-driver's seat
H16
Heating for driver's seat
H20
Heat-insulating glass all roun
IG5
Internal Plant Code
IL2
Export code
IL6
Metallic paint
IN2
Wheelbase 3200 mm, overhang lo
JA1
Cleaning fluid level warning l
JW8
Attention Assist
JY1
Maintenace Interval 15,000 mil
J11
Speedometer, mph and km/h
J55
Seat belt reminder for driver
LA2
Headlight assistant
LC4
Premium overhead control panel
LC6
Illuminated Door Handle with R
LC7
Front footwell lighting
LC8
Tailgate surrounding light
LX7
North and South America
CM2
Bumpers/detachable body parts
MG9
Alternator efficiency manageme
MH6
Engine, low emission, LEV III
ML4
Alternator 14V/190A
MM1
2-liter, 4-cylinder, direct-in
MS1
Cruise Control
Q24
Trailer Hitch
RD9
Tire Brand - Unspecified
RG7
Tires 225/55 R17
RL8
5-spoke light alloy wheels, 7J
RM0
Tires All Season
RR6
Spare wheel with jack
RY2
Tire Pressure Monitor Lamp
SA6
Air Bag- Passenger
SB1
Comfort Driver's Seat
SB2
Comfort Passenger's Seat
SE4
Lumbar support, passenger seat
SE5
Lumbar support, driver seat
SH1
Airbag, side thorax-pelvis, dr
SH2
Airbag, side thorax-pelvis, pa
SH8
Windowbags for Driver, Co-Driv
SK5
Automatic Co-Driver Airbag Dea
SZ7
Seatback Map Pocket - driver
SZ8
Seatback Map Pocket - passenge
T14
Active Retainer for Sliding Do
T19
Sliding Door- Left Side
T70
Child Safety Locks in Passenge
T74
Assist Handle - Sliding Door
UR1
Seat Rail System with Quick-Lo
U63
Seat - 2nd rear bench
U71
Additional Seat, 2nd Row, Fold
VH1
Rear Grab Handles
V23
Interior Panelling Higher Exec
V33
Carpeting, rear
V36
Rear Roof Trim
V44
Carpeting, Front
W16
Fixed Window, Left Side Front
W17
Fixed Window, Right Side Front
W29
Fixed windown, rear sidewall
W65
Single Flip-up Tailgate
W70
Tint for Rear Windows and Rear
W78
Window rear door and washers/w
XA6
GVWR 6,720 lbs
XC8
VIN# Visible from Outside
XQ1
VIN Encoded vehicle data with
XY6
MODEL YEAR 6
XZ0
MODEL GENERATION 0
X64
LITERATURE ENGLISH
ZQ8
Premium configuration
ZU8
Country Code - USA
ZZ4
MB North America Execution
Z44
Vehicle Registration NAFTA
Z65
Packing for Sea Transport

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, RobbMeeX! It's interesting that this Metris has "Chassis parts for armoured (sic) vehicle". I guess that means it can be used to transport about a ton of Armour vienna sausage. That code is not in the Equipment Book.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, cars have a lot of options these days.

I am slightly confused by the above list. It includes many things that are standard equipment (according to the Equipment Book), such as H20, heat-insulating glass. But the it does not show BB9, a suite of active safety equipment that includes " Anti-lock Braking system (ABS), Acceleration Skid Control (ASR),
Start-off Assist (AAS), Brake Assist (BAS), Brake Disc Wipe (BDW), Electronic Brake Force Distribution
(EBD), Electronic Brake Prefill (EBP), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Enhanced Understeering Control
(EUC), Load Adaptive Control (LAC), Engine Drag Torque Control (MSR), Roll Movement Intervention (RMI),
Roll Over Mitigation (ROM), Crosswind Assist (SWA)". The Equipment Book says BB9 is standard equipment in all Metrises. Is that true that all these features are standard?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts