Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want whiter headlights so I'm considering replacing the Low Beam H7 headlights and H11 fog lights with Sylvania SilverStar Ultra bulbs. But I don't see a Sylvania SilverStar option for the H15 High Beam bulbs.

See light bulb guide at osram-americas.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgallbulbs.aspx?year=2016&qual=&model=2608&make=73

Has anyone updated their Metris with brighter, whiter headlights? What bulbs did you use? Would you recommend it?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Whiter headlights are a crock- they don't improve actual lighting and they reduce contrast thus hurting visibility. They just improve the appearance of brightness, and increase the likelihood of blinding incoming cars and pedestrians.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Is the standard lighting that bad?

Halogens wear over time regardless. You install a new pair of expensive lights, one burns out, you'll have to replace both again.

You may want to consider going to HID if you want better lighting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Standard lighting is not that bad. I just wanted to explore how much it would cost but maybe it won't even make that much difference. I'll leave it be for now, unless someone on the forum has upgraded or converted their headlights and likes the way it turned out.

Thanks for your quick replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts