Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm coming up on 94 or 95k miles and I've got the dashboard telling me to get my B Service done in about 800 miles. I just got the van a couple of months ago, not sure what I'm in for price-wise... Going to give a few dealerships a call and see what they'll quote me. Has anyone had any luck going with Non-dealership mechanics for a B Service? Or is that something that can only be done with Mercedes.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Independent shops might not be able to reset the advisory indicator- ie Service A Due in 500 Miles. If you go to a non dealer, look for a place with MB experience.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Isn't the B service coming up at 30K and at 75 & 100K its a A service?
I am right over 30 K and have requested quotes from dealerships service dep around my area. One actually has currently a 10% coupon off of B service, The other 25% on B & A repairs (whatever that means) would check on dealer sites if yours offer some. But from what I see on the Dealers Site, it still is easily a $1500 service. But not sure if I really need all this? Looking for paint damage, new wipers..?

From Dealer:
Factory 30,000 Miles
B - Service Multi-Point Inspection
Check Suspension, and Body Structure for
Damage & Corrosion
Check Body for Paint Damage
Engine Oil & Filter Change
Replace Wiper Blades (Dealer Added)
Inspect Dust and/or Combination Filter (Replace if
needed extra)
Replace Brake Fluid
Replace Automatic Transmission Fluid & Filter
(Filter maybe extra)
$1,409.50

·
Registered
452 Posts
B includes the transmission fluid service. If your van was properly serviced in the past, you want to service the transmission again. The rest of the inspection stuff you pay for is a bit fluffy you are a car person, essential safety checks if you are not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts