Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I wrote some time ago my trip computer is 2 to 2.5 mpg off (It is overly optimistic).

I mentioned this concern at my 15,000 service and asked if it is possible to calibrate this system. I was just told they all do that. That didn't really answer my question, so I asked service manage, who said they all do that. I have had several other cars in my years on the planet, and know that SOME do that, but not ALL do that. Still not happy, I wrote a note to MB USA asking if calibration of computer is possible. I was told service manager is the one who would know. Not willing to make the circle of futility again, I was wondering if anyone on here might know if calibration or correction of the computer is possible.

Thanks,

·
Registered
939 Posts
They all do that. >:D

I have not seen anywhere where you can adjust anything through SDS on our vans.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not that it answers your question, but if I leave my van overnight with the "From Start" screen showing, as soon as I start up in the morning the MPG will read "2.3". I've just gone under the assumption that this is the offset to figure real MPG. Kinda crazy since the concept of zero is over 4000 years old but still hasn't found its way to Germany.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They all do that. >:D

I have not seen anywhere where you can adjust anything through SDS on our vans.
Thanks. I will just add it to the list of things that disappoint me about this van. They are mostly little things, but added together, they are a let down.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that it answers your question, but if I leave my van overnight with the "From Start" screen showing, as soon as I start up in the morning the MPG will read "2.3". I've just gone under the assumption that this is the offset to figure real MPG. Kinda crazy since the concept of zero is over 4000 years old but still hasn't found its way to Germany.
I have noticed that as well. Not sure I understand it, but I have several VW's, all of which are within one or two tenths of mileage calculated using fuelly over many fillups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts