Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Metris. I get a red triangle warning lite with a car silhouette (side view) on the tach directly above the fuel gauge. It flashes momentarily then goes away for 2 or 3 months. Currently, have 25k miles and this has occurred since day one. The only thing I can relate this to is the "collision avoidance disconnected" warning which acts the same way but not at the same time. ????????????????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you, I missed this in the owner's manual. It happens so quickly and infrequently that I can't really remember where it happens. I think it occurs starting from a stop and an open road ahead. I do know it happens at a speed under 30mph as I have time to keep watching for it again. The disconnect written warning does occur when in traffic at freeway speed. If and when the triangle occurs again I will note the external situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you, I missed this in the owner's manual. It happens so quickly and infrequently that I can't really remember where it happens. I think it occurs starting from a stop and an open road ahead. I do know it happens at a speed under 30mph as I have time to keep watching for it again. The disconnect written warning does occur when in traffic at freeway speed. If and when the triangle occurs again I will note the external situation.

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
363 Posts
Yes, I get it occasionally (probably 6 or 8 times in the last 3 years) always at roughly the same place about 1/4 mile from home along the straight gravel road with no traffic. I hear a beep and if I look quickly enough I'll see it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts