Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all! Do you have experience with the Travois seat to bed that one can purchase aftermarket? Or experience with similar seats to bed available ? I’m wondering if you hit your head when sitting up in bed? Or how easy they are to convert from seat to bed?

Also are these seats driving safe?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same question (and I'm sure I'm not alone). Why has nobody replied to the original question?
I know right? I will say from the research I did (watching videos showing the set up) it turned me off because of the price (something like 7 grand) and you hit your head in bed which I don’t personally like. I also saw people saying the travois seats are small and uncomfortable for driving, but I would definitely do more research and hopefully eventually someone with it will come along to this thread!

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,295 Posts
Check the recent threads. This vendor has unfortunately been banned from this site for some reason.

Almost all seats of this type have the same height challenge. Good for shorter humans or as a bench seat when stopped and popped.

Some seats have a height challenge because they have a cushion for a bed on one side and cushion for the seat on the other.

Also, it looks like most seats try to clear the wheel well bump outs so height is being dictated by them plus the thickness of the seat+bed thickness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts