Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to explicitly request vent air through the dual zone climate control? The electric heater (cold weather package) runs far longer than the occupants of the front seats would prefer...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently had a AC/Heat issue with the cold weather package. I was unable to control the rear system and for the most part it would blow HOT all the time including when the front system was on BLAST freeze. I took to the dealer and after several days they found the "rear stepper motor" was not working. SOooooo they ordered it...... from GERMANY and it's approx 30 days out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Winter again, and this issue persists. I brought my vehicle back to the dealer today and got a loaner Metris that seems to do the same thing— manual fan control implies continuous hot air. Even at the minimum target temperature, even after the target temperature has been achieved (cabin overshoots by 10-15F). My Metris and the loaner both have the upgraded climate control head unit, the electric boost feature, and are 2018 models.

If I set the climate control to “LO” then external air comes directly in (which is well below freezing, these days). Recirculation works OK for getting a lower level of heat, but disables itself after 10-20 min. I’d love to have options between very hot and sub-freezing.

Anyone else have this problem and succeed in resolving? (that is: fan on max, temp target at 60F, climate control delivers heated air indefinitely, even when cabin temperature overshoots).

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can commiserate. The manual say to set it to 74 degrees on Auto, but I find the thermostat to be one of the most quirky I have ever known.
For the most part, I set it to 'Sync' and set the temp to 74 upon start up in winter and then turn it down to 64 when things get warm, and then turn it up or down, depending upon how I feel or how much sun is warming the van.
B

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually have the same issue. The climate control doesn’t seem to know any intermediate temperatures besides LO or HI. I just started a thread on this issue. I am dropping off my passenger van tomorrow morning for this and I will see what the dealer tells me. I have 28,000 miles on the 2018 model and have experienced this since is day one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts