Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the tire warning light on dash.....checked the tire pressure checker thing on center display and said pressures were fine. Manual says one tire must be low. I check them all today (The crappy hankook) and all tires are 35psi.....my decal on the door frame says 44psi front and 45psi rear. SO I am 10lbs off on all 4. What gives?

·
Registered
939 Posts
They were set with a low threshold. Set them to 39, reset the light, them set them to 44,45. This is the "official" way to do it, but you could just set pressures then reset the light

·
Registered
401 Posts
45 psi is the max capacity when having the van with a full weight load. I think 39 psi is the recommended for every day use. I also found that 45 psi with an empty van it ride rough. I brought down mine to 36 psi and set it to that then fill up back to 39 psi.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Its not that it rides "rough" with 45 on an empty van, but it does get a bit vague at that pressure when trying to take a highish speed cloverleaf at 80mph or so.

·
Registered
401 Posts
with 45 psi I feel every crack on the road. Living in NYC it’s bad maybe with the passenger van it’s better since there is a little more weight then a cargo van.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts