Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’ve got about 4800 miles on my cargo and am getting ready to take a 5000 mile trip from California to Reno to Corpus Christi and back. I’ve always had tires rotated every 5000 miles on my other vehicles. Reading about the tire wear issues on this forum, I’m thinking of having my tires rotated before I leave. My Metris came with Continental vanco four season tires. I looked in my owners manual and found very little regarding rotation, just a small section on tires with specified direction of rotation. My question is are other owners rotating their tires at 5000 miles or? My one year anniversary for the Metris will be in July 2018 and I have a free A and B service coming, so am assuming my A service will be in July. Should I rotate the tires now? Waste of money? Good preventive maintenance? Thoughts? Thanks, Randy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just now got back from the MB dealer after A service and tire rotation. They charged $20 for the rotation. I do recommend rotating every 5,000. I may be wrong, but some of the tire issues you've read about in this forum may not apply to you. I think the first batches of Metrises in 2016 came out of the factory with misaligned wheels that tore up the tires quickly. Likely the Metris factory fixed that a while back. I had to get new tires at 19,000 on my 2016 and got a 4 wheel alignment at that time. Now at 25,000 the tires are wearing well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
For my Metris and all my new cars/tires I've always rotate them after break-in at 1,000 miles and then every 5,000 miles after that: balancing together at the same time. I have Hancook but they look OK, I might just get lucky on my 2016 Metris.

My local Sam's Club has a deal with lifetime balance and rotation for only $9.99 each tires no matter where you bought the tires. I wish they do that at Costco.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Robb what's your man date on your Metris? Thanks
Did you have fuel line issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts