Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Are you kidding? 93 load rating tires? That would give you 5732 worth of load. Tare on a loaded passenger van would give you about 950lbs of payload; Put four beefy men in your van and your tires are overloaded. Ditch those things quick!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I put Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 255/45R18 103W XL 255/45R18 103W XL all-season tires mounted on 18x8 GL500 wheels and did well for two Wisconsin winters. We drive every weekend during the weekend for travel hockey and did not get stranded. However today, the rears are toast and will be replaced with something else because the treadwear is excessive and noise is very annoying. Of note, the stock Metris wheels and tires were put on our E320 CDI with 25mm spacer in rear to account for the excessive offset. Currently tread has 1mm to reach the wear bars level, and the performance of the stock Hankook tires are magnificent on the car: quiet, smooth, excellent in rain until just recently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone have any recommendation for replacement tires. I have the Hankooks and will not be getting those again. I have 22k on my '16 Metris and the Hankooks are shot (and noisy). I'm looking for a replacement tire. Any help will be appreciated!
Same problem (Metris AND Sprinter...less miles. I am going to Michelins

·
Registered
470 Posts
Been about a year on Nokian in stock size. Very happy with dry/wet performance and wear.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts