Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be taking delivery on a lightly use 2017 cargo van next week. Will be making all the usual upgrades, wheels being one of them. Comes with the stock steel 17s and I'd like to install the OEM 20 spoke alloys common to the passenger van. My question is, are the pressure sensors interchangeable and do they use the same lug nuts? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I was referring to the 17" alloys with 20 spokes. Seen them in some Metris promotional photos of the passenger version. I assume they were an option.
Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was referring to the 17" alloys with 20 spokes. Seen them in some Metris promotional photos of the passenger version. I assume they were an option.
Here's a pic.
I went up to 18 inch wheels. I had CarID send wheels and smart sensors. New sensors are like $75 total for four. The come programmed for a metris as long as you order on phone or specify. Most tire shops will not pull sensors off old wheels because they want to overcharge you for new ones and "programming them". BS. I got tires from Tire Rack. I found a shop to mount and balance, installing new sensor for $99 bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe so. The Metris Pressure monitor system is rather primitive; just lets you know if a tire is below the preset you apply in the set up menu which allows you to tailor it to your pressure tastes (loaded/unloaded setting for example). Doesn't tell you which tire either but you only need eyes for that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
SpockMcCoy

Yes. I had a local shop install OEM TPMS sensors to my second set of rims, with tires already mounted on them, so both the summer and winter tires have functional monitoring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts