Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after driving my Metris about 30 miles I had a warning on my dash that said my right rear tire pressure sensor was missing and the little red tire symbol lit up on my dash. Those sensors are in the valve stem are they not? At any rate I checked the right rear tire pressure the old fashion way when I got home and it was 49 PSI but the tire were hot. A few hours later I checked the pressure again cold and it was 45 PSI, right where it should be. I went to pick up a pizza for dinner and on the way back the red tire symbol went out and when I go home all tire pressure sensors were working again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had the same thing happen twice in the last 6 months. Stopped, manually checked pressure, all ok. After vehicle restart the warning quit & all normal. The tire pressure display available via the steering wheel menu also showed pressure ok. Guess it's just one of those quirks, perhaps they use Comcast for the sensor to display link.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's my understanding that the tire pressure sensors are actually in the valve stems of each tire. Is this correct?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, I think so.

If wheels are rotated, will the vehicle sense the new locations or does the system have to be reset? There would have to be four discrete antennas in the wheel wells with short range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts