Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a little while on the MB site trying to get an idea of how much additional $ MB might charge for the OM654 2.0L diesel engine, without success. Hopefully someone with their ear to the ground, or with some experience with the MB brand might have an idea if and when this engine will show up in the Metris option list, and how much extra it would be. I would really love to have a Metris now, but would consider waiting a year or two if it meant getting the OM654. I drive a diesel now (VW Sportwagen TDI). It is my first diesel, but I don't want it to be my last. I feel that a turbodiesel's torque and horsepower curves would be a perfect fit for the Metris.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Since what VW did and all the both real and silly fingerpointing that has gone on since, I would say that a diesel Metris, sadly, might not happen.

You don't have to tell me about how good diesel is. In a long history of car ownership, most of my cars have been diesels and I personally prefer them.

But in this country reasonable laws are generally replaced with absurd ones when a scandal happens. And the lawyers? They get to make crimes out of innocence through guilt by association.

People have been demanding compensation from MB for the way their Bluetec system works. It shuts off at low temps (it has to, nature of Urea-based SCR) as indicated in the paperwork for the approved system. That's not a defeat device, it's an approved work around. But this is America- or a country run and populated by people who like to bloviate, anyway.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Every Vito I saw in Europe was a diesel. I wanted one so bad I was going to black market it through Mexico and put on fictitious plates. In the end, I settled. But, if it does come, I'll be first in line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts